Is it worth joining the fanclub?

I’ve said this before, but if the band compensated for not having physical mags by having an online archive of all previous and future mags in PDF format, I’d rejoin. It’d be worth it to me to read super old interviews and articles and such.

I’ve said this before, but if the band compensated for not having physical mags by having an online archive of all previous and future mags in PDF format, I’d rejoin. It’d be worth it to me to read super old interviews and articles and such.
And make all the IMTV episodes available. And a xmas card perhaps.

They have a small selection of magazines available: 83, 90, 93, 97, 98, 100-105, 107, 109-120.

Price for each magazine is between £3.99 and £6; you will need to add some outrageous postage and packaging costs to that.
Thanks for the info!
And yeah, I forgot about their ridiculous postage prices. I thought of ordering signed Adrian's book and packaging+postage to Croatia was more expensive than the book itself (postage over 30 pounds!)

And make all the IMTV episodes available. And a xmas card perhaps.
I'd be down with this. A xmas card isn't hard, relative to their resources. And while putting up PDFs of all the issues of the magazine might take a little work, once it's done it's done. I would re-join the fanclub in a heartbeat for that. I'd love to be able to pull up those older issues on my ipad and read through them. I always love reading the band and crew's thoughts on whatever current era they're on, before hindsight takes over.

I'd be down with this. A xmas card isn't hard, relative to their resources. And while putting up PDFs of all the issues of the magazine might take a little work, once it's done it's done. I would re-join the fanclub in a heartbeat for that. I'd love to be able to pull up those older issues on my ipad and read through them. I always love reading the band and crew's thoughts on whatever current era they're on, before hindsight takes over.

They are more interested in selling T-shirts or other merchandising than providing the type of content you want. Sad but true.

They are more interested in selling T-shirts or other merchandising than providing the type of content you want. Sad but true.
To be fair I’m not a massive fan of the fan club as I agree with most of what you say, more interested in making money and selling poor quality merchandise than anything else. However, I do think the recent meet ups at the cart and horses are a step in the right direction.

Not been to any myself but follow the cart and horses on Facebook and seen that they’ve held a few FC meet ups. If they could co ordinate these in other parts of the country it would be a good thing as it takes away the sting of the crap value for money you get by actually being a member and shows that the people running the club are trying to at least engage the fan base.

A few more events like this would be good, with even ex band members attending or even, god forbid, one of the actual current members popping along.

Back