Blaze Bayley

That would be cool. Wray left in September of 2004 btw, after completing the summer tour (including a performance at Bang Your Head in Germany). So any gigs before that are very interesting to hear!
Here are all of 2004 shows I've got, and an FM recording from 2003 (give it an hour or so from me posting as it's still uploading...) https://mega.nz/folder/dd4WHa4L#yZdvX8SrqRb5dlA_DdJXTA

EDIT: I'll post a new link tomorrow when the shows have uploaded.

EDIT2: New link: https://mega.nz/folder/NRJgwbrL#Q0ehXHuNVjGFKBEUDnT6Ng

Last edited:
Thanks you. The Bannermans, Edinburgh gig is from 2014 though, but nice to have that one as well!

Edit: For example the Bristol show from April 2004 also has John Slater performing, that must have been one of the last shows he did.
Well spotted. I've also inexplicably got two empty folders for:
2004-04-27 - Melrose Rock Club, Helsingborg, Sweden (DM)
2004-09-27 - Burgwiesenhalle, Oberursel, Germany (SF)
I suppose my Blaze live shows aren't as neatly organised as the Maiden ones I've got. If anyone has the above please let me know.

Well spotted. I've also inexplicably got two empty folders for:
2004-04-27 - Melrose Rock Club, Helsingborg, Sweden (DM)
2004-09-27 - Burgwiesenhalle, Oberursel, Germany (SF)
I suppose my Blaze live shows aren't as neatly organised as the Maiden ones I've got. If anyone has the above please let me know.
Found, and uploaded, the Sweden gig mention above...

I loved loved ‘The unstoppable Steven hawking’ , the most maiden like track i think but just fantastic metal. There’s a lot I loved about the last record but it didn’t hit me like Tenth Dimension and Promise and Terror and I’m hoping for a slightly darker vibe in general. But Blaze is a gift and I enjoy almost everything he does

I like it a lot and he still have the abilities to write short, fast songs unlike maiden. 303 is fantastic, I wish Maiden were still able to write songs like this
Yeah it's great. I love the title track, Witches Night, 303. I just find some of the song titles hilarious, like 'The Unstoppable Stephen Hawking' and 'The Power of Nikola Tesla'.

I like it a lot and he still have the abilities to write short, fast songs unlike maiden. 303 is fantastic, I wish Maiden were still able to write songs like this
Maiden's short fast rockers from the last few albums? And it's not like this is the fastest song ever. About your last sentence, Maiden have proven you wrong... on every album. Writing more long songs on the albums since 2000 is a stylistic preference of the band, not only Steve. They can write a catchy short song anytime (it's on literally every album), but they also shine with their long songs (unlike many bands). Don't get me wrong, Blaze's song is great, it's just curious that some fans always complain about short (and fast) songs since 2003 and 95% of the time (for all albums with epics) the best songs pointed out by the fans are the epics or the longer stuff.

I would have liked if Maiden's last two albums had one more short song in them, but they are at their best with the long songs.

Anyway, Blaze's latest album is really good and it was a great surprise. In a recent interview he said that you can feel the direct influence of TXF in it.

Maiden's short fast rockers from the last few albums? And it's not like this is the fastest song ever. About your last sentence, Maiden have proven you wrong... on every album. Writing more long songs on the albums since 2000 is a stylistic preference of the band, not only Steve. They can write a catchy short song anytime (it's on literally every album), but they also shine with their long songs (unlike many bands). Don't get me wrong, Blaze's song is great, it's just curious that some fans always complain about short (and fast) songs since 2003 and 95% of the time (for all albums with epics) the best songs pointed out by the fans are the epics or the longer stuff.

I would have liked if Maiden's last two albums had one more short song in them, but they are at their best with the long songs.

Anyway, Blaze's latest album is really good and it was a great surprise. In a recent interview he said that you can feel the direct influence of TXF in it.
Shaort, Fast, Catchy and very good!? IMHO their the last memorable track like that is Futureal, just my opinion of course.

Back