The Concert Thread

By the way, look at the itinerary of their UK tour: 1 show, 1 day off, 7 shows, 1 day off, 6 shows, 1 day off, 6 shows, 1 day off, 6 shows, 1 day off... o_Oo_Oo_O

1666268205697.png

Breaking my almost 2 year gig fast by going to see a local gig featuring one of the other half's friends this weekend.

I'm led to believe its a selection of punk and punk folk poetry.

Very good show by Wishbone Ash at Dorking Halls yesterday, with a shorter set of (relatively) recent material followed by Argus and F.U.B.B. as an encore:

Setlist:

Real Guitars Have Wings
Nice instrumental!

I´m planning to dive deeper into the Wishbone Ash discography. I allready know Argus, There´s The Rub and Front Page News. I don´t like the more recent Clan Destiny album. Planning to get: New England, Nouveau Calls, Just Testing, Here To Hear and Strange Affair.

Nice instrumental!

I´m planning to dive deeper into the Wishbone Ash discography. I allready know Argus, There´s The Rub and Front Page News. I don´t like the more recent Clan Destiny album. Planning to get: New England, Nouveau Calls, Just Testing, Here To Hear and Strange Affair.

I prefer their 70s material. Although Argus is arguably by far their best album, from their early material the self-titled debut, Pilgrimage and Wishbone Four are worth listening.

My girlfriend and I decided that I/ we can only go to 2 concerts next year (since everything is getting more and more expensive) and I agree with that. Concerts are an expensive night out. Though they're fun and there's tons of bands I would want to see live on day (Slipknot, Kreator, Distrubed, Anthrax, Megadeth and more) I'm going to keep it at my absolute favoirte bands from now on being, of course, Iron Maiden and Rammstein.

So the concerts that I have upcoming for now and that I am bloody excited for:

Volbeat - Servant of the Road World Tour (December 8, 2022 - Antwerp - BE)
Skindred + Bad Wolves as special guests

In support of their 2021 album 'Servant of the Mind' Volbeat will tour Europe and the UK this year to play some of the new songs (Shotgun Blues, Temple of Ekur, The Sacred Stones) and mix it up with some great classic songs from their older albums (Lola Montez, The Devil's Bleeding Crown, For Evigt).

Iron Maiden - Future Past Tour (July 11, 2023 - Amsterdam - NL)

Do I need to explain what this tour is about, I don't think so?

Rammstein - Europe Stadium Tour (August 4, 2023 - Brussels - BE)

After their successful Stadium Tour in 2022, Rammstein will return in 2023 with another round of the Stadium Tour. Having already played some songs from their latest album "Zeit," Rammstein will play more and unplayed songs from their new album this time around like Angst, Giftig and Dicke Titten. It is sure to be a crazy show full of fire!

Last edited:
My current schedule is probably a little financially irresponsible, but I guess you're only young once?

1/11 - Conjurer, Rebellion, Manchester
2/11- 40 Watt Sun, The Flapper, Birmingham
4/11 - Creeper, Roundhouse, London
5/11 - Fozzy, o2 Institute, Birmingham
22/11 - Nightwish, Resort World Arena, Birmingham
29/11 - Powerwolf, Roundhouse, London
15/12 - Clutch, o2 Academy, Birmingham
19/12 - Volbeat, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
13/1 - Trivium, o2 Academy, Birmingham
17/1 - Sleep Token, o2 Academy, Birmingham
30/1 - Holding Absence, Sugarmill, Stoke
1/2 - Frank Turner, Victoria Hall, Stoke
17/2 - Gojira, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
21/2 - Beast in Black, o2 Institue2, Birmingham
22/2 - Avatar, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
7/3 - Dream Evil, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
4/4 - Devin Townsend, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
15/4 - Sabaton, Wembley Arena, London
4/7 - Iron Maiden, Utila Arena, Birmingham (will probably squeeze in another date)

Last edited:
Just saw Kreator open for Mercyful Fate in Phoenix (where I worked this week); my 2nd Kreator show but my 1st MF! Awesome!
Kreator's last 2 songs were pure retro 80s THRASH! I like the new song MF is playing also.

Been to my first pro band gig since before covidgeddon :'(

Cellar Darling, what absolute stars - totally note perfect and very nice band all round. They were signing stuff and chatting to people on their merch stand after the gig. Cosy little venue in Leeds and great atmosphere.

My current schedule is probably a little financially irresponsible, but I guess you're only young once?

1/11 - Conjurer, Rebellion, Manchester
2/11- 40 Watt Sun, The Flapper, Birmingham
4/11 - Creeper, Roundhouse, London
5/11 - Fozzy, o2 Institute, Birmingham
22/11 - Nightwish, Resort World Arena, Birmingham
29/11 - Powerwolf, Roundhouse, London
15/12 - Clutch, o2 Academy, Birmingham
19/12 - Volbeat, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
13/1 - Trivium, o2 Academy, Birmingham
17/1 - Sleep Token, o2 Academy, Birmingham
30/1 - Holding Absence, Sugarmill, Stoke
1/2 - Frank Turner, Victoria Hall, Stoke
17/2 - Gojira, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
21/2 - Beast in Black, o2 Institue2, Birmingham
22/2 - Avatar, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
7/3 - Dream Evil, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
4/4 - Devin Townsend, Steel Mill, Wolverhampton
15/4 - Sabaton, Wembley Arena, London
4/7 - Iron Maiden, Utila Arena, Birmingham (will probably squeeze in another date)

You only live once! :)

So far I only have tickets for the following shows:

19/11/22 Therapy?
07/07/23 Iron Maiden
08/07/23 Iron Maiden

That would probably change though.

Just saw Armoured Saint, Michael Schenker Group, and W.A.S.P.! All 3 bands surpassed our expectations! ESPECIALLY the singers. Every band's singer gave it their all. W A.S.P.'s stage was a fantastic demented carnival.

Just saw Armoured Saint, Michael Schenker Group, and W.A.S.P.! All 3 bands surpassed our expectations! ESPECIALLY the singers. Every band's singer gave it their all. W A.S.P.'s stage was a fantastic demented carnival.

Fantastic bill

Well, two gigs in a row, and two very different vibes. First was Conjurer in Manchester, a band I have seen multiple times before and they just seem to be getting tighter and heavier every time I see them. One of the loudest gigs I've ever been to, I've even had to purchase some earplugs for the future. Great mix of old stuff, and stuff off their new album which is probably one of the best albums released this year. Support sets by Sugar Horse and Tuskar were amazing too. I was astounded by how heavy and full Tuskar's sound was considering there were only two of them. Definitely worth the trip up to Manchester.

1667516407285.png

Secondly was 40 Watt Sun in Birmingham, the solo project by Patrick Walker from Warning, and a complete vibe change to the previous night. A set of nice slow, ethereal songs. I knew pretty much nothing by them, only Stages, and only went on invitation by a mate. But I'm glad I went, it was just a pleasant hour and a bit's worth of chilled out music, so it was a nice change of pace. Patrick has an absolutely stunning voice, and I felt myself getting emotional at some points during the set, the music was just quite haunting. He's got a great dry sense of humour too which makes him an entertaining frontman in a venue as small as The Flapper, but you could tell he was getting a little bit annoyed by a couple of people who were loudly announcing their goodbyes to their friends near the end of the set. But overall, a lovely set, and I'm glad I went.

1667516579752.png

This weekend comprises of Creeper at the Roundhouse in London, and then Fozzy the next day back up in Birmingham....I am so tired

It appears that my concerts of the year have come to an end. This year saw the end of my concert hiatus caused by covid. This year consisted of:

Alice Cooper w/ Buckcherry
The Black Crowes
The Killers
Motley Crue, Def Leppard w/ Poison and Joan Jett
Roger Waters
The Eagles
Bryan Adams

Next Year:
Anthrax, Black Label Society, w/ Exodus
John Mellencamp
Alter Bridge w/ Mammoth WVH

It appears that my concerts of the year have come to an end. This year saw the end of my concert hiatus caused by covid. This year consisted of:

Alice Cooper w/ Buckcherry
The Black Crowes
The Killers
Motley Crue, Def Leppard w/ Poison and Joan Jett
Roger Waters
The Eagles
Bryan Adams

Next Year:
Anthrax, Black Label Society, w/ Exodus
John Mellencamp
Alter Bridge w/ Mammoth WVH

No Maiden?