Janick + Somewhere In Time songs...

oh noes yanick is going to play our lord and savior adrian Holy smiths magic solos whatever shall we do :(

Adrian fanboys have got nothing to worry about, as if it was worth worrying about anyway. Somewhere in Time is Adrian's baby, any solo he wants to play, he's gonna play it. Also, I've always believed that the interlude solo of Alexander the Great would suit Janick more, he's got the tone and a looser style of playing that would work perfectly. He will play it, he will nail it, and I will drink all your tears.

...is something that should never be allowed to happen.
It will be a fuckin mess.
LOL this thread is a must read.

Now seriously... I don't care if you like the guy or not but Janick is an extremely skilled guitar player. The reason why he screws up is due to the fact he is dancing and doing whatever crazy shenanigans he's doing while he is playing. I'm sure during the most demanding parts he'll cut that out temporally and things will work out fine.

When it comes to SIT songs being played next year guitars and bass performances are what leave me the less suspicious.

Last edited:
Janick already played solos on "Heaven Can Wait", so there are some possibilities for him to play another things on the other SIT tracks that will be played live next year ("Wasted Years", "Stranger In A Strange Land", "Alexander The Great" + "Caught Somewhere In Time", "Deja Vu" or "Sea Of Madness"). :)

Janick already played solos on "Heaven Can Wait", so there are some possibilities for him to play another things on the other SIT tracks that will be played live next year ("Wasted Years", "Stranger In A Strange Land", "Alexander The Great" + "Caught Somewhere In Time", "Deja Vu" or "Sea Of Madness"). :)
And on Wasted Years, also.

His solos on A Real Live and Dead One I like as much as Adrian's or Dennis' original takes.

Last edited:
Back