Is it worth joining the fanclub?

Just joined the FC, so let's see if it's worth it. I actually doubt it. The main reason I joined was because I want some of the reissue Beast-Tshirts which are on sale for FC members exclusively.

Just joined the FC, so let's see if it's worth it. I actually doubt it. The main reason I joined was because I want some of the reissue Beast-Tshirts which are on sale for FC members exclusively.
Of the 2 beast t-shirts the FC say are exclusive I bought the white one from EMP so it’s not really exclusive. Only massive pie-eater sizes left on the FC literally a few days after they were put up for sale. Plus the postage when buying anything from the FC shop is outrageous!

The only real exclusives they seem to have are the actual FC members t-shirts as I’ve found that a lot of other shirts they claim are exclusive can be found elsewhere.

How often do we get that? Joined the FC this month.
You don’t, you have to basically order each magazine as they become available from the store and pay £6.66 plus incredible postage.

The fan club membership used to include 3 mags a year but no more. They’ve said they can’t even guarantee 3 a year anymore, even if you pay. Each issue will be ready when it’s ready.

Anyone who renewed last year before the 1st of December was promised to still get the next 3 mags sent to them without having to order and pay.

Very crafty of the fan club as there were loads of people who were due to renew end of nov/early December who could have renewed before the 1st of December but no one was told about this decision until Alex made a post in the official forum on the 1st of December. Everyone who doesn’t read the forum got an email about the change until way later.

Another reason the fan club is a total con. People buy into it thinking if they don’t they will struggle to get concert tickets which is a load of bull. Maiden play massive arenas everywhere and I’ve never ever struggled to get a ticket.

I joined the fan club during the pandemic after leaving it back in the early 2000’s and I’ve been to tons of gigs without having a maiden fc pre sale code.

The mag is a bit of a joke to be honest. It’s ok as part of the membership but expecting people to pay when including postage it’s over £10 a copy in the U.K. is ridiculous. Ever since Alex took over he seems to think because he made it A4 and added a glossy front cover that the mag is worth the same price as a copy of metal hammer or classic rock and it isn’t. The band interviews are poor, I’ve read better interviews with better questions asked of the band elsewhere.

You don’t, you have to basically order each magazine as they become available from the store and pay £6.66 plus incredible postage.

The fan club membership used to include 3 mags a year but no more. They’ve said they can’t even guarantee 3 a year anymore, even if you pay. Each issue will be ready when it’s ready.

Anyone who renewed last year before the 1st of December was promised to still get the next 3 mags sent to them without having to order and pay.
I renewed well after that and I still got the mag. I didn't pay £6.66 for this. Or any other mag released.
The mag is a bit of a joke to be honest. It’s ok as part of the membership but expecting people to pay when including postage it’s over £10 a copy in the U.K. is ridiculous. Ever since Alex took over he seems to think because he made it A4 and added a glossy front cover that the mag is worth the same price as a copy of metal hammer or classic rock and it isn’t. The band interviews are poor, I’ve read better interviews with better questions asked of the band elsewhere.
While it's definitely not worth £10, if that's a correct price, most agree that the quality has vastly increased since Milas took over. The previous mag was basically a fanzine, full of spelling errors and a poor layout. Getting a pro in has definitely improved it imo.

I renewed well after that and I still got the mag. I didn't pay £6.66 for this. Or any other mag released.
You are very lucky then and I’m not sure how that happened. I renewed in October so I got the mag too.

There was a big debate/kick off on the official forums last year when they announced the new pricing structure. The membership reduced from its usual £32 but you no longer got a t-shirt or the magazines. You can read a digital copy on the FC webpage but you can’t download it save it anywhere.

If you got your mag free count yourself lucky as the physical copies do now cost £6.66. Pop one in your basket next time you visit the fc shop and see what the postage comes to. Make sure your sitting down first.

I just had a quick look on the FC shop and considering the mag is sent from the U.K. and I live in the U.K. the postage makes the mag over £13!!!!!

Attachments

• E42F90A9-1EF4-43AA-B197-A05A3B7A822A.png
    E42F90A9-1EF4-43AA-B197-A05A3B7A822A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
I just had a quick look on the FC shop and considering the mag is sent from the U.K. and I live in the U.K. the postage makes the mag over £13!!
I ordered six Maiden shirts from the official store last week, but the 10% off because of the FC membership is a hoax compared to what to pay for the customs. was 260 Euros roundabout all in total. But anyway. Those Tees from the Remastered- collecetion are a must have for me, just love them.

While it's definitely not worth £10, if that's a correct price, most agree that the quality has vastly increased since Milas took over. The previous mag was basically a fanzine, full of spelling errors and a poor layout. Getting a pro in has definitely improved it imo.
The magazines look very good but the content isn't much to speak about

Compare the magazine which featured band interviews when they released TBOS with the last one.

Compare the magazine which featured band interviews when they released TBOS with the last one.
I found the last one quite interesting. Michael Kenny's interview is worth reading.

Whats the latest from the FC ? Any new stuff going on making it worth rejoining ?

After 24 years as a member I will not be renewing my membership this month. What the Fan Club offers is no longer worth the membership fee to me; the loss of the paper magazines/Christmas card was the final nail in the coffin. Out of the remaining perks, presales are the only thing that I would be using in the future. However, I have not had any problems getting tickets to Maiden shows that did not offer presales (e.g., second gigs at the O2 in London), and UK shows usually have presales from mobile phone companies/ticket companies that I can use to get my tickets.

Last edited:
I never been in a fan club of any kind, but I feel that a band as big as Maiden is, with its super loyal fan base as we are, should offer quality even at a loss.

Is it still possible to buy past FC mags once you join the FC? I knew they had that option before.
I'd love to have this one.

They have a small selection of magazines available: 83, 90, 93, 97, 98, 100-105, 107, 109-120.

Price for each magazine is between £3.99 and £6; you will need to add some outrageous postage and packaging costs to that.

Last edited:

Those interviews in issue #100 back in 2016 were great. If I remember correctly, all band members were interviewed separately by Valerie Potter.

Those interviews in issue #100 back in 2016 were great. If I remember correctly, all band members were interviewed separately by Valerie Potter.
I believe Bruce said it was really cool that they still did physical magazines.

Back