what do you expect of a new Bruce Dickinson solo album?

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
how do you think will the abum be?
I know, it's way too early to build a discussion on any facts yet, but let's start a coversation.
guitars tuned down? will Adrian be part? concept album? short rockers vs. proggy stuff?

how do you think will the abum be?
I know, it's way too early to build a discussion on any facts yet, but let's start a coversation.
guitars tuned down? will Adrian be part? concept album? short rockers vs. proggy stuff?
I think it will be a lot like Tyranny Of Souls — all Roy, no Adrian. Half a concept album per recent interviews with Bruce. Probably not much progginess, though I’d expect a couple of somewhat longer (>6 minute) songs, since we’ll already have “If Eternity Should Fail”, and Roy usually does 1 or 2 slightly longer songs per album.

I'll write a full post later, for now l just want say that I wish Adrian would participate on that album. Man, wouldn't be out of this world awesome?

I hope new album will be more TCW or AOB, but not TOS. On TOS you can feel Adrian's absence. Like a band with one guitarist. Not enough diversity. Even not the band but the two man project. Pity, but I think, Adrian will not play on the new Bruce's album.

Last edited:
I imagine both the production and performances will be better than Senjutsu because Roy would be reluctant to release anything sloppy

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

I imagine both the production and performances will be better than Senjutsu because Roy would be reluctant to release anything sloppy

Laughing at the idea Roy has any say in the matter given it's nearly two decades since the last half assed album was thrown out, with Bruce lying on his back singing in the two weeks he allowed for recording.

I think it will be a lot like Tyranny Of Souls — all Roy, no Adrian. Half a concept album per recent interviews with Bruce. Probably not much progginess, though I’d expect a couple of somewhat longer (>6 minute) songs, since we’ll already have “If Eternity Should Fail”, and Roy usually does 1 or 2 slightly longer songs per album.
^ This. We can also expect some heavy songs and sharp/straight to the point melodic short rockers, but overall I think we'll find songs on the album that have the vibe of his previous solo albums - much like TOS. I think Bruce can experiment with some long proggy stuff after all these years. I expect the album to be great and to contain more than 10 songs.

Good question. I think it will sound some like Tyranny of Souls. I would really like to see Adrian on it but doubt it. Im hoping for kind of a concept album, if Bruce can manage to make an album with songs like If Eternity Should Fail it would be awesome. Im excited though

Tyranny of Souls is good album, but it always felt rushed to me. I'd like an approach like Chemical Wedding more on the poetic side.
Something like taken out of Milton's Paradise Lost, this kind of stuff. If an inspiring concept is there the music will follow and it will be great. Bruce has the potential to present a comprehensive solution, i.e. rich booklet filled with stories, or an interesting rock opera. Though not sure he has the passion for music anymore the way Adrian and Steve have. So in the end even if I wish for an enhanced Chemical Wedding I do expect a reprise of Tyranny of Souls.

Laughing at the idea Roy has any say in the matter given it's nearly two decades since the last half assed album was thrown out, with Bruce lying on his back singing in the two weeks he allowed for recording.
Yet it sounds 10 times better than Sejutsu

Brutal, but probably pretty accurate, take on the recording process for Tyranny of Souls.

Back