THE OPETH REFERENDUM MMXXI: Results -> Blackwater Park wins again!

Having just come off a little King Crimson binge, I voted for:

In Cauda Venenum:
Next of Kin
Charlatan
Universal Truth
The Garroter

Sorceress:
Chrysalis
The Seventh Sojourn
Strange Brew
A Fleeting Glance
Era

I'm hoping for Sorceress, The Wilde Flowers, and Will O the Wisp to be promoted.

Sorry for the delay, it's been rather hectic these past few weeks (see the 1M replies thread for details), but I'll try to post my thoughts on Sorceress ASAP, hopefully tomorrow at the latest.

Also, as usual, a friendly reminder to @Onhell @MindRuler and @Diesel 11 - if you wanted to, now's the last chance to vote in this round. :)

tBF6Jyp.jpg

Eliminated after Round 2:
Next Of Kin - 7 votes
The Garroter - 7 votes
The Seventh Sojourn - 7 votes
A Fleeting Glance - 7 votes
Spring MCMLXXIV - 6 votes

Gonna try to relisten to some of the ICV stuff. Feel free to @ me if I’m slowing the game down.

Sorceress picks are clear: Title track and Will o the Wisp and Strange Brew are clearly weaker than the others

Rip Next of Kin :(

I'll be voting for Lovelorn Crime, Charlatan, Continuum, The Wilde Flowers and Will O the Wisp again.
I'm also adding Dignity, that song always sounds way too short and there are some rather tedious parts (like the no no no's...)

This time it's just Lovelorn Crime (I love all the other songs too much) and Will O the Wisp - I want to stress my vote for that one, no other song I'd dislike more there.

And I'm about halfway through the write-up on Sorceress, but it's been a tad insane lately - I had to go to bed around 9 PM on Sunday, because I was just too dead tired.

I quickly voted for:

In Cauda Venenum:
Dignity
Charlatan
Universal Truth
Continuum

Sorceress:
Strange Brew
Era

@Jer, would you like to participate in this referendum? We're still on the growl-free albums!

@Jer, would you like to participate in this referendum? We're still on the growl-free albums!
Thanks for the thought, but I think my participation in something like this would tend to ruin the experience for the extreme metal fans, and my masochism meter still needs to recharge after the GMAC. I’ll probably check out the growl-free stuff sometime on my own.

There's also @KidInTheDark666 @Onhell @Diesel 11 and @MindRuler .

Also, I already tagged him in the original discussion post (and he nonchalantly ignored me :) ), but @Forostar used to be a participant before and I tended to hope for @SixesAlltheway as well (dunno if he's an Opeth fan, but like me at one time he seemed to be the fan of everything :D )

Also, there's not much discussion, I'll try to nudge it with the Sorceress write-up, I'm really sorry for the delay. In the future, especially when the moving is done etc., I'll have the time and the energy to be more active.

he nonchalantly ignored me :) ), but @Forostar used to be a participant before
Foro and nonchalance in the same sentence? :oops:

Also a little explanation about my non voting so far: as you may know I´m new to Opeth and still have to digest these albums a little more so I can give a fair judgement. It happens alot songs grow after several listens. You´ll see me appear soon, don´t worry. ;)

Last edited:
Also a little explanation about my non voting so far: as you may know I´m new to Opeth and still have to digest these albums a little more so I can give a fair judgement. It happens alot songs grow after several listens. You´ll see me appear soon, don´t worry. ;)

Hey, it's up to you, I'm just gently nudging if anyone forgot to vote. Although fair judgement is fine, but it must be done while there are still some songs left to be judged fairly :D

But like I said, the tagging is just the service I promised NP because he started the game. Please, don't take it as a pressure, you and the other blokes as well.

Back