Senjutsu charts position

Frank666

Educated Fool
It might be interesting to see how the new album will do in the charts.
Accordingly to BMG, they shipped more copies than for BOS in the US.

We know that in the UK they're battling with Drake for the first spot. A guy from the FC wrote they sold 35k copies so far which, even if they're ahead of Drake, could not be that good considering BOS sold over 60k on its first week. The number could not be updated though.

Kanye West sold the equivalent to 309k copies in the US on his first week, which probably means it won't go below 150k this week, and that's more than double of what BOS sold. Drake is even bigger and he released the album on the same day as Maiden, so not a chance to get in the first two positions there.

My prediction:

#1:
Poland
Italy
Norway
Sweden
Spain
Germany
Finland
Denmark
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Chile

#2:
France
UK
Brazil

#3:
Canada

#4:
USA

Yep Drake is a big hitter, if Maiden scalp him in the UK it will be a big achievement.

Yep Drake is a big hitter, if Maiden scalp him in the UK it will be a big achievement.
If the 35k figure is correct would be a bit of a letdown compared to BOS numbers in the UK (there is still time though, even if I doubt they can double it), but Drake would be behind with ca 9k copies left, which is an increase from the 8k difference there was yesterday.

If the 35k figure is correct would be a bit of a letdown compared to BOS numbers in the UK (there is still time though, even if I doubt they can double it), but Drake would be behind with ca 9k copies left, which is an increase from the 8k difference there was yesterday.

It would be a massive let down if that is correct, as there is way more formats of Senjutsu. If true, it shows what a state the music indistry is in if a Maiden album on 7 formats can only do half the numbers of an album that was only released on 3 formats.

RE: FC box, you have 2021 copies accounted for there, will they all count in the UK???

It would be a massive let down if that is correct, as there is way more formats of Senjutsu. If true, it shows what a state the music indistry is in if a Maiden album on 7 formats can only do half the numbers of an album that was only released on 3 formats.

RE: FC box, you have 2021 copies accounted for there, will they all count in the UK???
I found it weird too for that reason. Maybe they were taking in account only physical copies? But if so it wouldn't make sense to have Drake, who is digital only.

Pretty sure the boxes are counted too.

Streaming is a much bigger deal in 2021 than 2015. Even boomer fans who clung on to their CD's in 2015 have all got themselves an Alexa or something similar now. This is backed up by industry data showing the percentage of streaming vs physical sales increasing every year. So it's not that Maiden are less popular than they were in 2015 it's that their going to sell fewer physical copies.

And that's not even discussing piracy where, even on Maiden forums like this certain folk were openly boasting that they'd pirated the album. So frankly, those people in particular have no right to complain if the album doesn't chart well.

Streaming is a much bigger deal in 2021 than 2015. Even boomer fans who clung on to their CD's in 2015 have all got themselves an Alexa or something similar now. This is backed up by industry data showing the percentage of streaming vs physical sales increasing every year. So it's not that Maiden are less popular than they were in 2015 it's that their going to sell fewer physical copies.

And that's not even discussing piracy where, even on Maiden forums like this certain folk were openly boasting that they'd pirated the album. So frankly, those people in particular have no right to complain if the album doesn't chart well.
Piracy has nothing to do with Maiden. Book of Souls was leaked as well and it managed to outsell Final Frontier.

Maiden isn’t going to beat Drake in the UK or US. Oh well, guess they’re going to have to release another album and try again.

@Frank666 you're missing a lot of countries in the #1 list, for instance Croatia where TBOS went and stayed long on #1, was the most sold foreign album of any genre in 2015 and received tier 1 certification. Several more countries are clean cut #1 too.

I'm not sure the new album will top the worldwide charts at the pole position or something this time... As a lot of Maiden fans seem to be disappointed by the content of 'Senjutsu' (be sure I'm not among them, I like this album a lot), many of them has maybe decided not to buy it, just because it's not a 'Powerslave 2' or a 'Seventh Son Of Seventh Son bis' or because of the Kevin Shirley's sound...

Year end for TBOS -

#1 in Croatia
#2 in Finland
#13 in Hungary
#17 in Switzerland
#19 in Germany

It's safe to say that these all countries are expected to boot the album on the top spot as soon as charts come out, as Book of Souls made it to top 20 sold foreign albums in entire year.

Other countries where TBOS went to #1 at certain point that are not mentioned in the first post - Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Greece, Israel, Mexico, Serbia, Slovenia.

I'm not sure the new album will top the worldwide charts at the pole position or around it... As a lot of Maiden fans seem to be disappointed by the content of 'Senjutsu' (be sure I'm not among them, I like this album a lot), many of them has maybe decided not to buy it, just because it's not a 'Powerslave 2' or a 'Seventh Son Of Seventh Son bis' or because of the Kevin Shirley's sound...
Honestly I never saw a reaction this good for a Maiden album, not in the last 20 years at least (looking at the comments)

Honestly I never saw a reaction this good for a Maiden album, not in the last 20 years at least (looking at the comments)
In France it's a little bit different... And also is in Czech Republic... I've read a lot of really negative comments on Spark Magazine or Rock Hard France...

Back