CD Reissues Vs. Vinyl Reissues

Do you prefer the CD or Vinyl reissues?

• Total voters

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
I've pretty much always been a CD person. Love the vinyl's size and collectible factor, but when it comes to the listening experience, i've always prefered CD's.

That being said, just today i got the SSOASS vinyl reissue and i have to say that it sounds, at least to me, even better than the CD reissue (not the 98 one).

What's your opinion on these vinyl reissues sound-wise? Do you prefer them to the CD ones? I'd like to know your opinions when comparing the CD's to the vinyls.

I'm seriously considering tossing my CD reissues and restart buying the band's catalogue on vinyl only.

It's much of a muchness for me, I enjoy both, the mastering is more important for me, original release or 2015 remasters are much preferable to 98 masters. Dance of Death DVD Audio also preferable. The Vinyl release of Book of Souls also much better than the CD release

Every maiden cd till the X Factor that's not the original master is bad. I don't like the vinyl reissues much either but at least they aren't offensive. For Virtual XI onward you can go with the vinyl, they are mastered by a different person and indeed they are better than their respective CD's. For Iron Maiden through Fear Of The Dark get either original CDs or the Vinyls, the vinyls are better of course there, especially the ones mastered by Wally Beben. So yeah if yu haven't listened to Vinyl before go get an original powerslave and it will convert you.

It's much of a muchness for me, I enjoy both, the mastering is more important for me, original release or 2015 remasters are much preferable to 98 masters. Dance of Death DVD Audio also preferable. The Vinyl release of Book of Souls also much better than the CD release
Mine too.

Back