Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

This version of TBOS Eddie was part of TOAC backdrop (along with the witch doctor from DOG backdrop and the TOAC Eddie itself).

It is a great version....(the two axes position resembles the West Ham FC emblem.... :p)

toac backdrop.jpg

Aces High would be the obvious brand name but knowing Maiden it will be some variation of "of the beast" e.g. The Poker of the Beast

EDIT: just realised that the poker of the beast could have the double meaning of Satan's red hot fiery poker and now think it's funny rather than a cliche:lol:

Last edited:
Makes me think: Maiden should release a card game with Eddies.
I said the same before…because Mark Wilkinson the artist…have a Marillion or Fish set of cards (I don't remember now) and he is the artist behind that backdrop and The book of souls artworks. I think it could be a good idea because Maiden has a lot of artwork.

I said the same before…because Mark Wilkinson the artist…have a Marillion or Fish set of cards (I don't remember now) and he is the artist behind that backdrop and The book of souls artworks. I think it could be a good idea because Maiden has a lot of artwork.
mark wilkinson cards.jpg cards 2.jpg

Something like this:
;)

A x4 - Powerslave, Trooper, Killers, FOTD
K x4 - TBOS, Aces High, TAATG (2nd or 3rd single artwork), SIASL
Q x4 - VXI, BNW, OOTSP (2nd single artwork), Visions Of The Beast Eddie
J x4 - TXF, TFF, TWM (not the one with the band on it), LAD '92

10 x4 - AMOLAD, 2MTM, Tailgunner, TCDR backdrop
9 x4 - Scribe Eddie, TOAC, Maiden England (1989 artwork), A Real Live One
8 x4 - SIT, Clansman, FOI, Edward The Great/Maiden Japan EP
7 x4 - SSOASS, TETMD, CIPWM, Clairvoyant
6 x4 - TNOTB, TNOTB (single), RTTH, HBTN/LOTB tour Eddie
5 x4 - NPFTD, TROBB, Live After Death, Death On The Road
4 x4 - POM, Wildest Dreams, Different World, Ed Hunter
3 x4 - DOD, Purgatory, POTO Eddie, Iron Maiden
2 x4 - A Real Dead One, Sanctuary, FOTD (live single), BYD... TTS

LOTB game also gave us some new Eddies like MOTE (brand new), SOTC, ATG, Invaders (aka Viking) etc....

Hugh Syme about TXF album cover:

''I remember asking why they would deviate from Derek's pretty well-established style. So when the band started talking about taking Eddie to a place with a bit more realism, I said, ''Where is this coming from? You have such a long history with an illustrative, graphic novel feel.

The band was impressed by Syme's work with another famous metal character,
Vic Rattlehead, and how he'd used the menacing skeleton in more subtle ways on two Megadeth albums (1992 and 1994) - they said, ''We like that Megadeth deviated from the norms of their Vic-centric world.

The electric chair was created as an ancillary image for the back cover, or interior panel within the CD Digipak or booklet‚ but never as a front cover.

That was a fun project. That cover was an effort at bringing some palpable reality to the otherwise more fantastical illustrative style that preceded. And we still have Eddie laying in state here in my studio, by the way.''

Does someone can find the interview where all band members shares which is their favorite album cover? - If I remember right, the interview was from 2006 (AMOLAD era). The interview had various questions (like about the stage clothes in the 80's)...

I'm sure Adrian's favorite album cover was BNW, while Nicko and Steve thought that NPFTD album cover was not so good.

Yes. I know about that interview. I don't know why is not on youtube anymore. I think it was for a Swedish TV or something. But the members shared about their favorite albums from a bunch of cds on a table not the album covers.

Yes. I know about that interview. I don't know why is not on youtube anymore. I think it was for a Swedish TV or something. But the members shared about their favorite albums from a bunch of cds on a table not the album covers.

The one for a Swedish TV was indeed for favorite albums (sadly it's not on youtube anymore), but the interview I was looking for was for favorite album covers. They also talked about stage clothes in the 80's... - that's what I remember.

I absolutely love the mariachi Eddie render. Anyone who could think of an image where only that one is visible, like here?
1605017595435.png

Pretty sure the Eddie driving the truck one was the cover of the Real Live Tour programme.

Back