Bruce Dickinson

Hope to see solo-album being released (whenever it will be) and then maybe some tours too.
I wonder how many % has been completed on the album? He told about it on the book tour that I saw 2 years ago..
He did an interview well over a year ago, I think the same one where he said IESF was originally a solo song and that Mr. Necropolis (from the Maiden IESF outro) was sort of a recurring theme/character throughout the album, that he had six songs done for it, one of which being the original version of IESF. Can't remember if he said if those songs were recorded or just written, though. Gonna have to try and dig up that interview.

I seem to recall an interview from 2015 where Bruce said If Eternity Should Fail was the title track and that it was a concept album. Maybe I dreamt it.

I seem to recall an interview from 2015 where Bruce said If Eternity Should Fail was the title track and that it was a concept album. Maybe I dreamt it.

Yes, it was originally solo song, it would be so interesting to hear the original as comparison to what it was on TBOS.
But I can wait for this album..

Yes, it was originally solo song, it would be so interesting to hear the original as comparison to what it was on TBOS.
But I can wait for this album..
Based on what I remember reading, it’s basically “as is” on BoS. Steve originally wanted to do it in standard tuning, but after hearing it, agreed to tune down as Bruce wanted.

Nah, I still think Bruce sounds good, and even if his voice sounds a touch strained, it gives his voice a lot of character.
Didn´t say Bruce doesn´t sound good.
But there are songs he´s struggling with to reach the high notes and it's not a feast to the ears. In his solo stuff this never happened.

Based on what I remember reading, it’s basically “as is” on BoS. Steve originally wanted to do it in standard tuning, but after hearing it, agreed to tune down as Bruce wanted.

I think it was the guitar players (not H obviously) who had the main problem with downtuning.

And Steve should do this for every new song.
No more strained sounding Bruce.

They did for Mother of Mercy and that's the worst one for straining from Bruce.

At this point is pretty obvious, they should tune down. Even on studio albums Bruce struggles to a degree. To my non english speaking ears, he often whines (that's how I perceive it, when he struggles with too many words, or too high notes) On his solo albums he sounds so much better.
Just compare how he sounds on If Eternity Should Fail and Red and the Black. All that rap, air grasping and sgueeking is not good, Steve must reevaluate his lyrics writing skills.

I love that blues song he did. he's good at singing blues. He should do more, he'd be great at it. i love his silver mane, he looks like a character from the fantasy novels i love so much.
i love 'Abduction' the woman/alien/test-subject cracks me up. Is she electrified?? is she just writhing around?? She can't be doing what I think she was/is, surely??

At this point is pretty obvious, they should tune down. Even on studio albums Bruce struggles to a degree. To my non english speaking ears, he often whines (that's how I perceive it, when he struggles with too many words, or too high notes) On his solo albums he sounds so much better.
Just compare how he sounds on If Eternity Should Fail and Red and the Black. All that rap, air grasping and sgueeking is not good, Steve must reevaluate his lyrics writing skills.

The verses of The Red and the Black are tough to listen to for me. Other than that, it might be the best song on the album. I can listen to that long instrumental section all day long.

What you said about his voice sounding better on solo albums makes me really eager to hear the new one. Steve clearly doesn't know how to adapt his writing to Bruce's changing voice, and Kevin's Steve's yes-man by the look of things. Roy Z has always had a knack for getting the best out of Bruce's voice, and he doesn't seem to be the sort to blow smoke up Bruce's a$$ if he thinks Bruce doesn't sound his best. Granted, the work we've heard out of Bruce/Roy was at a time when Bruce's voice was at its apex, so I guess we'll see when/if this new one gets released.

No I wouldn't say that - Harris wrote Tears of a Clown which is a 100% fit and sometimes the delivery reeks of Balls to Picasso (the who motivates the motivator line). I think even Dickinson commented on that change of approach.

TRATB I straight out ignore. It's like a casual fans dream song based on 1980s but without any regard of actual day and age. Only thing redeeming about it is that it's on a double album.

Back