Best and worst opening bands you have seen.

Best: (easily) #1 Devin Townsend opening for Fear Factory in 2012 (?), #2 My Dying Bride opening for Maiden in 1995, #3 Alice In Chains opening for Faith No More in 2010, #4 Suicidal Tendencies opening for Metallica in 1993, #5 Megadeth and Testament opening for Judas Priest in 2009.

Worst: I normally skip bands I know beforehand I dislike but there were 3 exceptions: (easily) #1 Ill Niño opening for Slayer and Tool in 2002 (and I only watched the last 15 mins + or - !), #2 Dirty Deeds opening for Helloween and Iron Maiden in 1998 (Maiden and Helloween were really meh also), #3 Sundown and Uncle Meat opening for Paradise Lost in 1997

#4 Suicidal Tendencies opening for Metallica in 1993
Hahaa, I saw that too! :bigsmile: My first gig ever! Sadly my memories of Suicidal Tendencies aren't as warm. I couldn't see anything, and was very anxiously waiting for Metallica to start, because seeing them live was a dream come true!

Hahaa, I saw that too! :bigsmile: My first gig ever! Sadly my memories of Suicidal Tendencies aren't as warm. I couldn't see anything, and was very anxiously waiting for Metallica to start, because seeing them live was a dream come true!
80.000 people packed in a stadium almost 40ºC hot when Cyco Mike hits the stage hits the stage and says: "Hey Lisbon... What the fuck's goin' round here?" and the guys hit U Can't Bring Me Down and all hell breaks lose: 4 giant moshpit whirlwinds swiping the entire pitch (saw that later on tape... I think there's some footage on Youtube). It wasn't all moshing though... the setlist was really good, the performance flawless and on the last track (Pledge Your Allegiance) the guys put the entire stadium singing "ST" with them.
Curious fact: little did we knew Trujillo would be on the main act 10 years later.

Last edited:
Back