Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't Download sort of confirmed that some of their 2020 lineup were going to on in 2021? I thought some bands at the virtual chatfest said they were on for 2021.

Some festivals have kept the same line up for next year, aside from a few bands.
Id say Maiden are a cert for Download. And Wacken. At least thats what Im hopin sayin as I got a Wacken ticket on a whim.

Hadn't Download sort of confirmed that some of their 2020 lineup were going to on in 2021? I thought some bands at the virtual chatfest said they were on for 2021.
Maybe, I can't remember. I'd assumed that Iron Maiden wouldn't be headlining since the press release for the 2021 shows said that "re-arranging the headline festival dates has unfortunately not been possible" and there was also the leak of a show in Zagreb the day after Download. Perhaps the quote from the press release was a red herring from Rod though.

As Niall said, some festivals are carrying over their 2020 line-ups for 2021. Are any other festivals making announcements tomorrow morning?

Considering the current situation with pandemic spread I don't think everything will be proceeded as scheduled. No vaccine no way to big events happen anywhere in the world. Probably we will be forced to wait just another long year to see Maiden playing live. Sad but true just look at the stas.

Considering the current situation with pandemic spread I don't think everything will be proceeded as scheduled. No vaccine no way to big events happen anywhere in the world. Probably we will be forced to wait just another long year to see Maiden playing live. Sad but true just look at the stas.
Perhaps.

But you might have been correct all along @RLonger. Poor ticket sales in the US last year and now we're living through an apocalypse. The end is here!

So, what's your guess then, will the 2021 be cancelled or moved again?
Hope to see the new album released instead and then tour for it (whenever thats possible to do).

Probably brand new album is asured, if LOTB shows would be cancelled they will be back on the road with the new stuff in 2022. Covid is a real problem.

will the 2021 be cancelled or moved again?
2021 will certainly happen, whether or not there will be any concerts and festivals next summer is yet to be seen. Some of the main countries in Europe are still a mess but might be able to clean things up by the middle of Spring next year. I reckon the US will really struggle to put large events on next year and international bands might be reluctant to travel.

So my fingers are crossed hard!
Are they?

To me this band is boring as f**k now. I think they should be disbanded. Today there's a plenty of bands which are a way better. Iron Maiden will never be (and has been) so important to rock and metal as Black Sabbath, Metallica or the other REAL giants. Childish, unprofessional, making all the same shit since 40+ years. I'm so surprissed they are doing good - but their days are done. People are definietly NOT into them, and Dickinson is the cynical individual saying something against Metallica, GNR or Ozzy. He will never be on the same level, he know about this and he seemes to be just jealous asshole. This band is over to me, waste of time. Bye!

To me this band is boring as f**k now. I think they should be disbanded. Today there's a plenty of bands which are a way better. Iron Maiden will never be (and has been) so important to rock and metal as Black Sabbath, Metallica or the other REAL giants. Childish, unprofessional, making all the same shit since 40+ years. I'm so surprissed they are doing good - but their days are done. People are definietly NOT into them, and Dickinson is the cynical individual saying something against Metallica, GNR or Ozzy. He will never be on the same level, he know about this and he seemes to be just jealous asshole. This band is over to me, waste of time. Bye!
For like five seconds I thought you were being serious there...

:innocent:

Ironically enough I immediately recognized the post as mere satire/an unsourced quote by the mention of Metallica as a comparison point, specifically one that denigrates Maiden. Even under the most dire of circumstances I'd never believe a single true dyed-in-the-wool Maidenfans user would make that comparison without a degree of jest.

But yeah otherwise I would've just labeled it another boring corona induced meltdown, tbh. No offense, @Diesel 11 .

No Iron Maiden at Download Festival 2021! :clap: The 2020 line-up appears to have been mainly carried over with Biffy Clyro taking Iron Maiden's spot, which is a bit of a let down by comparison. The weather will probably be great for the 2021 festival.

So no UK show in 2021? That would make it what, 3 years without a gig on English soil? Me thinks an O2 is coming. Or it's just wishful thinking. Don;t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back