Bruce Dickinson

What's everyone's favourite Blaze Bayley album outside of Iron Maiden?
I like to think of Blaze's solo career as 3 eras of 3 albums each. The first 3 albums are the best, the Infinite Entanglement trilogy is in the middle, and the 3 albums in the middle are the worst, with The King of Metal being the bottom of the bottom. Here's how I would rank them at the moment:

Silicon Messiah
Blood & Belief
Tenth Dinension
--------------------------
Infinite Entanglement
The Redemption of William Black
Endure and Survive
---------------------------
The Man Who Would Not Die
Promise and Terror
----------------------------
----------------------------
The King of Metal

Fun fact : Nicko had to be "born again" because he was a bad man, especially towards Blaze.

Nicko was a dick to Blaze. "Elvis has left the building" was pretty disrespectful.

I guess someone had to break the news of Blaze's appalling live performances to Steve and I do not think Janick or Davey had the guts (balls?) to do it.

Anyway, to go back to the topic of the thread, as much as I have enjoyed Iron Maiden since 2000, the downside to the reunion has been the curtailment of Bruce's exciting solo career.

Last edited:
Blaze had big sideburns like Elvis Presley had. Elvis has left the building is a famous phrase, I believe it used to be said after Elvis gigs to let everyone know the gig was over, much like always look on the bright side of life at a Maiden gig, but the phrase has entered into common use as a colourful way of saying something has finished. Therefore, Nicko saying this is mocking Blaze's appearance and suggesting that Nicko is not upset by Blaze's departure.

Reactions: Yax
I can see a Spice Girls thing in the background. How 90s! :lol:

Interesting that the photo is from Burton. When I was at Bloodstock Festival (not far from Burton) a couple of years ago I found this when looking through the stall which sells CDs/vinyls etc.:

View attachment 12001

View attachment 12002

I did not buy it. Who the hell owns a cassette player now anyway?
That's interesting that side B continues with track 7 instead of starting over with 1 or in some cases, the tracks aren't numbered at all. I've never seen side B continue the numbers like that though.

And people who don't have a cassette player might buy it to collect and not play. Some bands like Metallica have actually re-released stuff on cassette.

Back