NOW PLAYING

Great tone, the guitar playing is beautiful. He is ordinary sometimes, I don't like him for his boring nostalgia bluesrock boogie stuff, but he can freak out and play the fuck out of a telecaster as well. Plus, his voice is good, and he has a great band.

Nice @Foro. I wonder how much they redid in the studio.
About Bonamassa again @Cried, basically it's very simple what he does, no fancy altered chords or time signature changes or whatever, but the way he stands up there and plays his heart out is a lot of the time better than Gary Moore.

Best album I've discovered in 2020.

87ca31d1d23679a7ebd189750e415145.png

Nice @Foro. I wonder how much they redid in the studio.
About Bonamassa again @Cried, basically it's very simple what he does, no fancy altered chords or time signature changes or whatever, but the way he stands up there and plays his heart out is a lot of the time better than Gary Moore.
I'm not really following. Better than Gary Moore? Okay. Bit of a straw man argument though.

The problem with "no fancy chords" etc is that, to me, it's not very original. And him playing his heart out doesn't make it any better. I get that you can enjoy the simplicity, the enthusiasm; but is that really enough? For me that's not that interesting. I also think he looks like car salesman in his late 50's; and I can't get that out of my head...

I'm not really following. Better than Gary Moore? Okay. Bit of a straw man argument though.

The problem with "no fancy chords" etc is that, to me, it's not very original. And him playing his heart out doesn't make it any better. I get that you can enjoy the simplicity, the enthusiasm; but is that really enough? For me that's not that interesting. I also think he looks like car salesman in his late 50's; and I can't get that out of my head...
Yeah I can understand that, I had to get used to that too, but if you prefer him fat and bad looking, you can watch him around pre 2007 or so. But I get it it if you don't like the suits etc. Myself, for example, i can't get to take someone with a KFC thing on his head really seriously, I have no problem in any moral respect, but come on, what is that.

Back