Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Working from home is getting new and improved. There is a balcony renovation going on in the building, so there will be stimulating sounds. There's also a forecast of a heatwave, and this apartment can get quite hot, so no risk of being too cold. <_<

Jackhammer-90581.gif

Yes, something like that! :p They're fixing the floors and railings, so it's mostly grinding and a bit of drilling, I guess. Surprisingly quiet sounds so far, luckily they also paint the floors so that's quite quiet work.

What a boring work day this has been, and three and a half hours still to go... The Finnish Government is discussing work-from-home recommendations today, but I'm not sure I should get my hopes up. After all, my employer can decide that we keep working from home, never mind if the recommendations change. Well, at least it's warm, and the renovation guys aren't drilling at the moment. :bigsmile:

Interesting but disappointing: the Government decided to end the work-from-home recommendation from August 1st. I was hoping July 1st. :( So why that date, I don't see the point? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that July is the most popular summer holiday month in Finland, that's all I can think of. Anyway, working from home continues. Sigh.

Back