GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Uncalled for. If you don't like Blaze, wait for his albums to pop up please.
Hey, I paid good money for almost all of his solo albums, and I think most of them are better than anything he did with Maiden. But in most cases I think he is the weak link in his own band, especially for his first 5 albums.

I wasn’t trying to derail anything, I was responding to an on-topic post with an equivalent Maiden-related situation. Sheesh.

Definitely not a huge blaze fan but any chance for interesting discussion about Blaze is ruined by random low effort bashing posts.

Besides, Blaze and Ozzy’s respective solo really really have nothing in common.

I've always found Ozzy's first 4 albums to be synonymous with 80's heavy metal. Large sounding, generous helpings of hair spray and cocaine, and drenched in cheese. I love the run of Diary through The Ultimate Sin. The Ultimate Sin is actually one of my favorite heavy metal releases of all time (and I nominated it for this game!). Fantasy tinged hair metal with rock/metal's most recognizable voices paired with the unparalleled excellence of one Jake E Lee? Sign me up.

Definitely not a huge blaze fan but any chance for interesting discussion about Blaze is ruined by random low effort bashing posts.
And what exactly is preserved by moderators making random low effort bashing posts about users?
Besides, Blaze and Ozzy’s respective solo really really have nothing in common.
Other than their both being former singers for extremely high profile British bands who were often the weak links in their own solo efforts, which is exactly what I was commenting on.

I’d point you toward the Blaze discography ranking thread for a more interesting discussion about Blaze‘s work, but that would probably be haughtily dismissed too.

And what exactly is preserved by moderators making random low effort bashing posts about users?
?? I asked you to keep it until Blaze enters the game, to keep things kind of on topic. Thanks for for the redirect.

So an Ozzyless Ozzy album would be a winner all round? :D

I'm no fan of his vocals (or the general hype around him) but musically, this is a great sounding album and the vocals don't massively detract from it in my opinion.

Can't believe Ozzy's vocals are being criticised in this thread, where he is easily in the top 5% of vocalists who have appeared in the game. 80+ percent of the "singers" are actually constipated while, some of the other singers are technically proficient yet haven't an ounce of charisma or individuality.

Can't believe Ozzy's vocals are being criticised in this thread, where he is easily in the top 5% of vocalists who have appeared in the game. 80+ percent of the "singers" are actually constipated while, some of the other singers are technically proficient yet haven't an ounce of charisma or individuality.
There will be far, far better vocalists throughout the rest of the tournament though. He's always sounded crap to me even if the songs are good. But I do agree that the vocals from bands like Suffocation and Deicide are atrocious. I would rather listen to anything that Ozzy has tried to sing on than either of those bands.

I just checked that out, :lol:, it's shameless, they might have gotten away with just robbing the chord sequence but all the little fills as well

Apologies as I had a very busy work schedule this week. We'll be back on track going forward!

In a low scoring round, Bewitched starts a minnow run by upsetting Sentenced narrowly. Sentenced returns in League 8.
Children of Bodom continues their run with a dominant victory, eliminating Anorexia Nervosa. They face Bathory next in the next league.
Spiritual Beggers undoes Ozzy's minnow run, proceeding forward! Ozzy, of course, will be back, in League 9.
Persefone goes even deeper with a strong defeat over Sad Legend, who are gone. Nobody seems sad. Next up: Dark Tranquility.

Melvins-bullhead.jpg

The Melvins - Bullhead (1991)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 60
League 16 - Match 9vs.
Skidrow-st.jpg

Skid Row - Skid Row (1989)

How it got here

List entries: Metal Rules 82
Previous Rounds:
League 17: Defeated Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn 17-6.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloodykiss.jpg

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses (1993)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 53
League 16 - Match 10vs.
Baroness_-_Red_Album.jpg

Baroness - The Red Album (2007)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 83

Previous Rounds:
League 17: Defeated Naked City - Torture Garden 19-2.

Arch_Enemy_-_Rise_of_the_Tyrant.jpg

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant (2007)

How it got here

List entries: Metal Kingdom 68
League 16 - Match 11vs.
Living_Colour-Vivid.jpg

Living Colour - Vivid (1988)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 71
Previous Rounds:
League 17: Defeated Manowar - Hail to England 12-10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defying_the_Rules_cover.jpg

Hibria - Defying the Rules (2004)

How it got here

List entries: Metalstorm 67
League 16 - Match 8vs.
Isis_-_Oceanic.jpg

Isis - Oceanic (2002)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 72
Previous Rounds:
League 17: Defeated Eyehategod - Take As Needed For Pain 16-4.

Back