Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Now that Maiden's song is finished, back to Vreid.

Sognametal, btw, is a play on words on the colloquial term for the local accent - it is called "Sognamål" or even mor colloquially "Sognamaol" which is how they say it there.

Digression: One of my best friends is married to a woman from Sogn. I remember singing with her family in their wedding.

Oh and the song Vreid are playing now is actually inspired by a Christian hymn. But reading up on it, the melody is actually a folk melody from further north along the west coast of Norway.

That was a good show. Not the worst company to a few beers on a Saturday evening.

In other news, I'm gonna fly this tomorrow:

bnMYuSf2EySj23SVu9gaKpY5_8Ft_ePCqKkNqfZABSq6LE6hs3G9ud1oso2mlStRE4BiIeuUqWvD4qxkp0w28ej5uGqIaRlM2Q442h4

The song was definitely more rewarding than Saboteurs :D I feel that was an opportunity wasted, considering the epic nature of the actual sabotage raid.

Yeah, tried both the legal and aftermarket. Both are fine for what they are. If you have any stamina you can get decent mileage. Minus - they're pretty heavy so if you need to carry them keep that in mind.

Do your balls hang low
Do you swing ‘em to and fro
Can you tie ‘em in a knot
Can you tie ‘em in a bow
Do they get a little scrambled
When you hit ‘em with a hammer
Do your balls hang low?

Fuck this shit. Something on my work computer seems to dislike Bluetooth, listening to music via Bluetooth is like streaming music over an internet connection which has just too little bandwidth.

Wonder if there is some security software which scans all Bluetooth communication and slows it down.

Fuck this shit. Something on my work computer seems to dislike Bluetooth, listening to music via Bluetooth is like streaming music over an internet connection which has just too little bandwidth.

Wonder if there is some security software which scans all Bluetooth communication and slows it down.
It could also be interference on the Bluetooth bandwidth, or just a really shit antenna inside the computer.

Maybe. I should try to bring the work laptop home again and test. I can't recall having the problem during the two months of working from home, but I didn't use the headphones that much either during that time.

How is it powered? Does it have a solar powered battery? Do you charge it from the mains? Does it generate electricity from kinetic energy from the pedals?

The motor charges the battery while riding on inertia. The motor discharges the battery when you push pedals. The amount of power discharged is based on the pedal force and the multiplier (assistance level) you select. Whole thing is a microcontrolled close energy system. Per my friend who's into this stuff, it is hard or downright impossible to turn this system into a pure electric moped - where you hit the throttle and it goes without any force on your part. Which you can achieve if you buy and mount parts separately on the bike frame.

I've had coffee with a school buddy back in 2012 who did this himself. Maybe a 1000e base bike frame, generic enduro/MTB. Not counting in the display/controls etc. there are 3 integral parts to the e-bike, battery, motor and the power controller. He soldered/PCB'd the power board himself and housed it in a standard electronic board case you'd buy in the parts shop, like a small subwoofer amp enclosure thing people have in their trunks. He hung the thing on the back side of the seat post. The batteries were housed in the usual triangular ziplock bag below the bar. The engine was a wheel-mount. You sit, push the button and the thing accelerates to 30kph faster than a Vespa.

Back