Megadeth

Seeing as the new Megadeth album is postponed and won't be out until next year I don't have any issues with Megadeth going out playing as the opener for a short tour to keep up their live chops. Once the new album drops next year they'll be out headlining again.

My comment was to do with the fact that Megadeth are opening for a band that are much less significant than them. I'm not familiar with FFDP and wasn't intending it as an insult to them.
Yeah, I wasn't really referring to you, I was just wondering why every metal fan seems to hate them. I don’t see what makes makes them different from other generic radio metal bands. Of course I'm not happy about FFDP being the main event but it's not the end of the world.

was just wondering why every metal fan seems to hate them. I don’t see what makes makes them different from other generic radio metal bands.
That's exactly why some people hate them: being another generic chewing gum metal act. Of course that even regarding those trendy bands there's a lot of far worst things than FFDP. But the problem here is MEGADETH (one of the most important acts in metal history) opening for a "meh/ flavor of the week" band at best (as it was mentioned above).

Nothing worse than a poser who thinks they're "tough" because they listen to bro metal bands like FFDP, Hatebreed, Asking Alexandria, Breaking Benjamin, Creed, etc.
tenor.gif

It sucks that Megadave is playing second fiddle to 5FDP. Megadeth fans don't want to see 45 mins -1 hour sets before some mediocre and bland Discount Pantera. With Megadeth's days potentially numbered I feel that they shouldn't be playing these sort of shows. It's one thing if they're supporting Scorpions, but another if it's 5FDP. On a positive note, if Megadeth are being confirmed for a European tour it must mean than Dave's treatment is going well.

There is probably a whole backstory that we're not aware of.

My theory is that the tour was already signed while Mustaine was unaware of his condition. They could've been planning to shoot the new album in summer '19 so that European tour would make sense. Since it all got a bit delayed (if I concluded correctly he missed Megacruise which means he is still probably under treatment).
Maybe Mustaine though it would be good idea to still tour, but with less burden, so they change the headliner.
Maybe he wants to invest in something, hence he didn't want to delay his paychecks (he did sold majority of his equipment recently).

Whatever it is, it a sad thing to see. Maybe they could organize it a bit differently. Hiatus until the new album, release it late spring 2020, hit the bigger festivals in Europe avoiding headlining slots and then proper USA headliner tour.

I mean, only reason I've heard of 5FDP is because one of their guys had a mental breakdown on stage and Bad Wolves are announced as "that band who did great cover of..." I mean, what the f*** is this, the 60's?

The sad truth and the real reason why FFDP is headlining over Megadeth is that FFDP is the bigger band. In 2010s they can gather a larger audience than Dave and the boys.

The sad truth and the real reason why FFDP is headlining over Megadeth is that FFDP is the bigger band. In 2010s they can gather a larger audience than Dave and the boys.
In Europe? Doubt it.
Megadeth have always gathered fine audience wheter they're on their own or co-headlining. On the other hand I've never heard 5FDP headlining (I've just looked and it seems their last Europe tour was co-headlinging with In Flames)

Back