Best way to store Iron Maiden Vinyl boxset vinyls?

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
Hoping someone can help me. I've got the two new remastered vinyl Maiden box sets: the 1980-88 and 90-2015 ones. I have all the remastered vinyls in the box. I'm wondering about long term storage. I'm not likely to play these except at some point down the road, and only sparingly. But I want them to be in the best condition they can be in for as long as possible. Should I remove the individual vinyls from the larger cardboard housing and place them individually in clear vinyl sleeves? Or keep them as is in the large box housing? I tried to put the sleeves on them and then house them, but it's too tight a fit and the sleeves become damaged.

I put plastic sleeves on and then left SIT and SSOASS outside of the box

EDIT: I think they fucked up when making the box it's not big enough, possibly they forgot POM was gatefold

And with SOT and SSOASS out of the box, there's enough room in the box with sleeves and the sleeves don't get crinkled or messed up?

I have all mine in clear vinyl sleeves stored on a shelf. I want to frame each of the studio albums eventually. I think it would make for a pretty nice decoration.

Originally I did this with the Book of Souls vinyl and found that doing so caused the corner of album sleeve to crinkle over time. I'm sure it can be avoided, but now I just like having these beauties on a shelf so I can pull them out and show my son who isn't interested and my GF who doesn't care.

Side note: Anyone ever find a new/newish copy of the original Live at Donington Vinyl that isn't an astronomical price? Or the Best of the Beast x4 vinyl box set? I have the CD sets of both, including the book/set for Best of the Beast, but would love to have these in glorious big-ass vinyl.

Side note: Anyone ever find a new/newish copy of the original Live at Donington Vinyl that isn't an astronomical price? Or the Best of the Beast x4 vinyl box set? I have the CD sets of both, including the book/set for Best of the Beast, but would love to have these in glorious big-ass vinyl.

I never bought that when it was originally released. I got lucky when a guy on another forum sold me that and Virtual XI LP's for €60 euro for the pair about 15 years ago. At the time both records were going on ebay for about £100 each, these days according to this website, https://maidenargus.blogspot.com/, the average price is €140 for Donington and €230 for VXI.

tnLiveAtDonington.jpg

Such a bargain!
I got the book from the Best Of LP but the full set was goin for stupid money.

I had stopped buying vinyl in the 90's and only got back into collecting again in the early 2000's. It cost me a pretty penny to buy things that I should have bought when they were released. Best of the Beast LP was one of those, I think I paid £100 for it on ebay.

Another one was those reissues of the first album and NOTB that EMI did for the centenary in 1997. They had them in a local shop for IR£15 each for a long time afterwards but they were gone by the time I got the collecting bug again. I paid £60 each for them on ebay, which at the time was a bit cheaper than what they usually went for. I got a bit of luck as I had won TNOTB for £60 and then noticed the sellers name was Steve Lazarus. I chanced me arm and asked him if he had the first album too. He said he did and that it was signed by Bruce, Steve, H and Dave and I could have it for the same price as TNOTB.

Does anyone sell both those LP box sets without the vinyl? I dont need the vinyl I would just like those boxes

What are you looking for?

In mid 90's I bought a second hand "The First Ten Years Box Set" just the Box. There wasn't internet yet.

What are you looking for?

In mid 90's I bought a second hand "The First Ten Years Box Set" just the Box. There wasn't internet yet.
the boxes that came out in 2015 .they come usually with 3 albums .theres one for 1980-1990 and one 1990 2015 i was looking for just the boxes.

@ Jud34
I think your best hope would be to buy the full boxes with the vinyl and then sell the vinyl you already have. I did that back in the day with the first ten years box, I had most of the cds but no box but it was just impossible to find the box anywhere. I ended up making a bit of money as I was able to sell the duplicate cds I had for dearer than I paid for the complete box.

@The 7th One
Wow, do you have an empty first 10 years box?

@ Jud34
I think your best hope would be to buy the full boxes with the vinyl and then sell the vinyl you already have. I did that back in the day with the first ten years box, I had most of the cds but no box but it was just impossible to find the box anywhere. I ended up making a bit of money as I was able to sell the duplicate cds I had for dearer than I paid for the complete box.

@The 7th One
Yeah i'll most likely do that. The second box is not that bad price wise but the first one is really high what i've found so far.

the boxes that came out in 2015 .they come usually with 3 albums .theres one for 1980-1990 and one 1990 2015 i was looking for just the boxes.
I think it will be very difficult to find some of these empty boxes, but email to polydor or whatever the label it is or some vinyl shops

@ Jud34

@The 7th One
No, I meant I had to buy one in mid 90's to keep my 12'' double singles in it. I bought all the singles when the singles came out and I was very young and it took me 1 year o 1 year and a half to get all. And it was very difficult to find a full box or a empty one. I wrote to all the vinyl shops I knew at that moment and thanks to a vinyl and collectors shop I found one. It was very expensive, second hand and not in very good condition to be honest. But I'm sure you will find your boxes very soon. Make a deep research. You could find one full or empty and always you can sell the vinyls that came with it.

Back