1990-91 magazine scans & clippings

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
The main purpose of this thread is just to share clippings and documents
taken from the musical magazines and other printed press of 1990 & 1991.

METAL ATTACK (Metal Hammer Special) 1990

issue #5 special Maiden (It's incomplete)

Metal Hammer Maiden special issue from 1990 when No Prayer for the Dying album was released
I've downloaded the files but when I've seen the magazine it's incomplete. There are missing pages. But's it's better than nothing, don't you think?

01.jpg

02-03.jpg

04-05.jpg

06-07.jpg

08-09.jpg

10-11.jpg

12-13.jpg

End of part 1

Comments to the last picture:

25M albums sold (1980-1990). (I suppose the sales were calculated for the 7 studio albums and 1 Live album)
46M albums sold (1980-1996) This number appears in the FC Magazine circa 1996 with the promotion of Best of the Beast. (We have to add 3 new studio albums and 3 new live albums)
100M albums sold (1980-2020) We have to add 6 new studio albums, 5 new Live albums, 5 Compilation albums and 2 Box sets with all the studio albums and 4 remasters box sets with all the studio albums)

So…it's basically 2,5M albums sold each year since 1980 to date. That's F***ing Awesome

Last edited:
Did Maiden have official releases in Eastern Bloc, South America, Asia (bar Japan) in the 1980s? I'm trying to figure out how they managed to double the sales with 90s output. Some new markets opening for sure, but I guess large amounts of Maiden stuff circulating around the globe in the 1980s were bootlegs. And therefore unaccounted for in that 25M number.

It's clear with 1996-2019 because in that period band "rejuvenated" itself and remained relevant for generations to come, who would dip into the back catalogue sooner than later.

See my above post. Lots of people would have replaced their original vinyl/tapes with CD's from this release, and the bonus discs were excellent.
Exactly, when I finnished to collect all Maiden albums on vinyl before the release of The X Factor and to know that album would be released only on cd. I had to buy the double remasters CDs `95 or 98 I don't remember . As a collector by then I had to buy Eddies Box set with all the albums on cd inside the head. Shit! my pocket knows that very well LOL

Exactly, when I finnished to collect all Maiden albums on vinyl before the release of The X Factor and to know that album would be released only on cd. I had to buy the double remasters CDs `95 or 98 I don't remember . As a collector by then I had to buy Eddies Box set with all the albums on cd inside the head. Shit! my pocket knows that very well LOL

I didn't buy them in 95, I didn't have a CD player when they were released :lol: I would like to have that collection as it's the best release of Maiden albums on CD, but I really can't be arsed spending the time and money to look for it

I didn't buy them in 95, I didn't have a CD player when they were released :lol: I would like to have that collection as it's the best release of Maiden albums on CD, but I really can't be arsed spending the time and money to look for it
I just checked Discogs, the first box goes for around £200 and the second one goes for between £300-400. Crazy money. I would sell mine if it was in any kind of decent condition, theres a few broken cases and whatnot and I haven't seen Powerslave any time recently.

It's not an issue from 1990/1991, but it's talking about the year 1990 and all the releases this year has brought to us all.

Metal Hammer Germany - July 2020 (part 1, the cover, the editorial and the summary).

MH-DE_July2020_Cover.jpg
MH-DE_July2020_Editorial.jpg
MH-DE_July2020_Summary.jpg

Love it, Thank you very much. Great memories. I bought all Metal Hammer magazines since 88 and I remember wait for the 2 or 4 pages for Albums reviews every month.

Back