LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't watch this at work, what exactly does he say regarding the footy parts? Is he just not capable of it anymore? At all?
Not true - Wicker Man has always been a challenge for him live as it’s a continuous long stretch of straight 16ths. The gallop part in CSIT relies on different technique and muscle groups. They don’t play CSIT because Rod thinks it sounds like crap live.

Not true - Wicker Man has always been a challenge for him live as it’s a continuous long stretch of straight 16ths. The gallop part in CSIT relies on different technique and muscle groups. They don’t play CSIT because Rod thinks it sounds like crap live.
Were you responding to the dude above me? I didn't say those things. Nasty tricksies

I really wouldn’t be surprised if Legacy of the Beast goes into 2020.

Whether there is a third leg of LOTB in 2020 or a new album tour, it will be interesting to see what (if any) Di'anno era songs are played. Not counting Iron Maiden, the 2016 leg of the BOS tour had none and the 2 legs of LOTB haven't had any either. In fact the 2017 leg of BOS may have only had Wrathchild due to the litigation involving Hallowed. So that's essentially 5 years without a Di'anno song. I think this really shows the depth of Maiden's catalog and if they do slip something in from the first two albums I hope it's not the tired Sanctuary, Running Free, etc, but something like Remember Tomorrow, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or Killers.

Whether there is a third leg of LOTB in 2020 or a new album tour, it will be interesting to see what (if any) Di'anno era songs are played. Not counting Iron Maiden, the 2016 leg of the BOS tour had none and the 2 legs of LOTB haven't had any either. In fact the 2017 leg of BOS may have only had Wrathchild due to the litigation involving Hallowed. So that's essentially 5 years without a Di'anno song. I think this really shows the depth of Maiden's catalog and if they do slip something in from the first two albums I hope it's not the tired Sanctuary, Running Free, etc, but something like Remember Tomorrow, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or Killers.
I'd actually be totes ok with a modern/live rendition of Women in Uniform, even though I'm pretty sure the band weren't even super into that song and it was a label thing. I actually listened to the original Skyhooks version the other day and was surprised how good it was.

They never had three guitars. It would sound great live at studio tempo and studio arrangement. They didn't do that back in the day, the speed was up, the rhythm guitar missing beneath the harmonies.
Just have Janick doing twirly flips and front squats/leg bends and we should be fine.

Edit: I misinterpreted the post above mine so while I'm highlighting I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm also not changing the original post.

Updating my asking price for the Third row Friday Toronto ticket to just $50 for the maiden family. Can't beat that meow !

If hey do slip something in from the first two albums I hope it's not the tired Sanctuary, Running Free, etc, but something like Remember Tomorrow, Murders in the Rue Morgue, or Killers.

I hope they play Genghis Khan, Drifter, Charlotte the Harlot, or Purgatory. Running Free is fine for me, a great set closer.
Also Phantom of the Opera, I've never seen it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back