LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce sounded a lot better tonight, overall, than he did the first few nights. There's a heat wave right now in the south east United States and the "feels like temp" has been in the 100's (fahrenheit, no idea what it is in real measurements.) The song I thought he sounded the "worst" on was Evil that Men Do. He was really shortening the notes a lot. But on the other hand, he sounded phenomenal on FTGGOG which has to be one of the hardest songs to sing in that set. Sign of the Cross is SO fucking heavy in person it's incredible. And the thing that stood out to me the most this evening was Nicko's drum sound. He was tight and everything just was so crisp and thundering. Such a fantastic show. This was my 5th concert and might be the best time I've seen them.

As for WED, Bruce took time to explain that basically he had a hard time hearing the cue to start, maybe bad in-ear monitors or something. So he walked up and started singing, Janick and Steve where like "WTF?" and both walked over to talk at him as he was behind the drum riser, and then he just kinda shrugged and went back "down stairs". Overall it was a hilarious blooper and something that only works at a real rock 'n roll show.

Bruce sounded a lot better tonight, overall, than he did the first few nights. There's a heat wave right now in the south east United States and the "feels like temp" has been in the 100's (fahrenheit, no idea what it is in real measurements.) The song I thought he sounded the "worst" on was Evil that Men Do. He was really shortening the notes a lot. But on the other hand, he sounded phenomenal on FTGGOG which has to be one of the hardest songs to sing in that set. Sign of the Cross is SO fucking heavy in person it's incredible. And the thing that stood out to me the most this evening was Nicko's drum sound. He was tight and everything just was so crisp and thundering. Such a fantastic show. This was my 5th concert and might be the best time I've seen them.

As for WED, Bruce took time to explain that basically he had a hard time hearing the cue to start, maybe bad in-ear monitors or something. So he walked up and started singing, Janick and Steve where like "WTF?" and both walked over to talk at him as he was behind the drum riser, and then he just kinda shrugged and went back "down stairs". Overall it was a hilarious blooper and something that only works at a real rock 'n roll show.

Bruce isn't on IEM's, so it could be low monitors on the ramps.

But that's somewhat understandable, since they were forced to change the monitor engineer this year (RIP mr. Mule).

Last edited:

you're talking about that?

During TETMD, Bruce looks like almost the same like Raising Hell Bruce. Awesome! :cool:

Noted that Nicko wears a white singlet, rather than the black LOTB one from the first leg in 2018.

Last edited:
The ones that Steve Harris and crew play against locals to stay in shape on tour. There were pictures from their recent match in Florida on their Twitter a few days back.

Sign of the Cross is SO fucking heavy in person it's incredible. And the thing that stood out to me the most this evening was Nicko's drum sound. He was tight and everything just was so crisp and thundering. Such a fantastic show. This was my 5th concert and might be the best time I've seen them.
100% spot on. I saw a bunch of people who had been to a shitload of Maiden shows calling it the best concert they’d ever seen and that was something special.

TBH I wish that Maiden released a live album of the tour but with a really crushing production to bring to life how it actually feels when you’re there in the flesh.

TBH I wish that Maiden released a live album of the tour but with a really crushing production to bring to life how it actually feels when you’re there in the flesh.
We are a bit overdue for a live album... Could this be the next one?

The Bristow show was great, but Bruce sounded like he had a cold or something, and there was no running and jumping. On the other hand, Nicko sounded fantastic, very powerful.

Could Nicko actually outlast Bruce? Who would have thought it?

The Bristow show was great, but Bruce sounded like he had a cold or something, and there was no running and jumping. On the other hand, Nicko sounded fantastic, very powerful.

Could Nicko actually outlast Bruce? Who would have thought it?
Well Bruce did just fuck up his ankle recently, right? I recall someone saying in Paris during the Spring he was on crutches. As far as the voice I hope it's just a cold. Anyone on the official forums have anything to add on that?

Bristow was utterly fantastic! It was my 4th Maiden show and 2nd in the pit. The WED screw up will be a great story to tell, and honestly the expressions on the band's faces were priceless (Adrian kept looking around for Bruce and just shrugged when Dave launched into his solo). Highlights of the night for me were Revelations, FTGGOG, and Sign of the Cross, plus I caught a Dave Murray pick at the end!

Regarding Bruce's running around, it was definitely noticeable that he didn't run and bound and leap in the intro of the stage, but overall he actually did a lot more jogging, dancing, whirling around than I expected him to do. Not sure if his ankle is an issue or not because I swear at one point he leapt down from the rigth side of the stage and it looked like a drop of at least 3-5 feet. He was still very very active. Steven and Janick were fucking maniacs thought. Running and twirling and spinning and diving and doing it again...

Also want to add that again vocally it was a stellar show. It was much better than the clips I saw of FL and ATL. His high notes never sounded like an issue to me, but he didn't seem to be able to hold notes as long, almost like he was having to sing in an altitude he's not used to. I'm positive it's just the weather here honestly. Bristow was actually gorgous whether wise, but still 80+ degrees and he's up there in leather with fire all around him. He needs to just wear shorts and tank top and something special so we can still see his weeny and then just belt out some classic notes. The weeny part was a joke because I like joking about his weeny.

Here's a much short clip of a few songs, and righ before Clansman he explains what happend during WED. Decent sound quality too.

Last edited:
Something special so we can still see his weeny.The weeny part was a joke because I like joking about his weeny.
You're playing with fire. Either Cried would roast you or someone else here is going to create a thread ranking the band members weenies. Either way it's a lose-lose for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back