Queensryche & Geoff Tate

Saw Queensryche last night in San Antonio. Cool stage production with the various tall but narrow video screens around the stage (they played different imagery for every song). Band sounded good and, unless I missed something, I think Michael played all the lead on the new songs.

finally got to see the title track to Condition Human (my favorite track from the cd) live! Was cool to see NM156 as well. I like that most of the setlist was different from the previous tour. However, I am glad that they kept Screaming In Digital because that is a killer song to experience live!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queensryche/2019/the-aztec-theatre-san-antonio-tx-6b9256a6.html

Really wish I was able to go see them on this tour, they come close but having 8 hours of lecture the next day would spell a recipe for disaster getting home at 2am...

This is what I went through to make the show. I was working in an area of South Texas called The Valley this week. So I woke up @3:00 am Friday morning in Harlingen to make my early flight to Dallas. From there I switched planes and flew home to Houston. Got my car, picked up my buddy I go to concerts with, drove 3 hours to San Antonio. Then saw the show with SRO tix (but thankfully found bench to sit on between bands). Then by the time show was over and got to hotel, I had been awake about 20 hours. Went to sleep, woke up this morning, and drove 3 hours home.

In other words, I REALLY wanted to see Fates Warning badly! Queensryche was just a bonus :p

This is what I went through to make the show. I was working in an area of South Texas called The Valley this week. So I woke up @3:00 am Friday morning in Harlingen to make my early flight to Dallas. From there I switched planes and flew home to Houston. Got my car, picked up my buddy I go to concerts with, drove 3 hours to San Antonio. Then saw the show with SRO tix (but thankfully found bench to sit on between bands). Then by the time show was over and got to hotel, I had been awake about 20 hours. Went to sleep, woke up this morning, and drove 3 hours home.

In other words, I REALLY wanted to see Fates Warning badly! Queensryche was just a bonus :p
You are incredibly dedicated, the drive would be roughly the same on my end and if it wasn't the end of semester crunch time I would highly consider it.

Well, one is a rip-off of "Breaking the Silence" (with an intro that reminds me of "Eyes of a Stranger") while the other, a bit more subtly I admit, mixes "Real World" and "Walk in the Shadows".

The only way current and former members of QR can ever regain some major interest is to pull a Helloween-Pumpkin United, though I doubt they'll manage to get Chris DeGarmo out of his lair.

Last edited:
It's nice to hear Tate rocking out again with some good melodic singing. He said the whole album's going to have a classic QR vibe so I can't wait to hear more.

Well, he not only rips off older songs, but this sounds a lot like QR's last 3 albums as well. I sure wasn't expecting this though so it's all fine by me!

Back