Blaze Bayley

It's been a while since we've heard anything from Paul hasn't it? I hope he's OK.

Anyways, trying to decide/dictate who loves and does stuff for the fans the most is pretty ridiculous, because you'll never know how these guys think. What should matter is what you see on stage.

Anyways, trying to decide/dictate who loves and does stuff for the fans the most is pretty ridiculous, because you'll never know how these guys think. What should matter is what you see on stage.

That's fair, but as with any celebrity, I think gauging their personality on onstage behavior, fan relations, and interview behavior is valid.

That's fair, but as with any celebrity, I think gauging their personality on onstage behavior, fan relations, and interview behavior is valid.

Naturally. But a singer who doesn't show his appreciation for the fans publicly at every chance he gets, doesn't neccessarily like the fans less.

If you as a fan like his stage performance and his singing and everything else, why'd you even need fan confimation back from him.

I'm not saying that I do. I'm simply saying it's a part of their public persona, which is the only thing that we can use to form an opinion of any of these guys' personal feelings.

Paul is a dumb guy who shoots his mouth off because of an inferiority complex.

A friend of mine managed to get quite close to Paul by being persistent in talking to him after gigs and not being impressed by his cockiness, which he described as a defense mechanism. I heard other stories of people drinking with Paul till deep in the night.

A friend of mine managed to get quite close to Paul by being persistent in talking to him after gigs and not being impressed by his cockiness, which he described as a defense mechanism. I heard other stories of people drinking with Paul till deep in the night.

Paul doesn't really have a good public persona, but I'm also pretty sure that Paul doesn't care/give a shit about his public persona and knows himself and his worth well enough. He's probably very comfortable being who he is around his friends and family and could give two shits about what the public/metal scene says about him.

I know we all do it, but judging people on their public personas is quite dumb to me, because we all know how that can be fucked around by the media and that none of us knows who we are talking about on a personal level.

I haven’t met Blaze or Paul, but I have to say that every interaction I’ve had with Bruce has been very positive, with him being consistently open, generous, and funny. He even shared his personal email address with me about 20 years ago. He’s been nothing but nice to me, for whatever that’s worth.

Nice story mate.

My favourite history of Bruce with fans is the following. A longtime Iron Maiden/Bruce fan and his sister follow him during one of his solo tours in Europe. They meet with Bruce and the band several times and, one night, they missed their travel connection to the next gig. Bruce offered to give them a lift. And he did exactly that, on the small aircraft he was piloting between the different dates on the tour.

I'm pretty sure there was a message from JS here earlier which I intended to :ok: when logging in.
Consider it :ok:'d, JS.

Nice story mate.

My favourite history of Bruce with fans is the following. A longtime Iron Maiden/Bruce fan and his sister follow him during one of his solo tours in Europe. They meet with Bruce and the band several times and, one night, they missed their travel connection to the next gig. Bruce offered to give them a lift. And he did exactly that, on the small aircraft he was piloting between the different dates on the tour.
This story reminds me of Robin Guy's, in Joe Shooman's biography: the drummer was supposed to play with Bruce, I think in Belgium (2002 summer tour), during his time-off from his bigger, priority band, i.e Rachel Stamp. But the latter had been unexpectedly asked to do a show in England... the same day as Bruce's show. It turned out that there was enough time to fly him from one site to another after Bruce's show...and that's just what Bruce did, in his personal aircraft. :)

Last edited:
This story reminds me of Robin Guy's, in Joe Shooman's biography: the drummer was supposed to play with Bruce, I think in Belgium (2002 summer tour), during his time-off from his bigger, priority band, i.e Rachel Stamp. But the latter had been unexpectedly asked to do a show in England... the same day as Bruce's show. It turned out that there was enough time to fly him from one site to another after Bruce's show...and that's just what Bruce did, in his personal aircraft. :)
Robin had an interview with Book Of Hours and told that same story:

Just received Blaze's new live album from his web store, from the latest tour. Haven't listened to it yet, but it arrived signed by Blaze himself.

How cool is that? Blaze is a real gent. \m/

Back