❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

The male to female ratio at Metal concerts isn't normally favourable either.
Not so much in the U.S., but I saw a Gamma Ray show in Barcelona around 2005-2006 and I was shocked by the number of attractive, nice-smelling, non-tattooed 20-something women who were there. It might have even been 1/3 women in the audience. A very pleasant experience.

The fact people put them on their faces...
It's awful isn't it?
Not so much in the U.S., but I saw a Gamma Ray show in Barcelona around 2005-2006 and I was shocked by the number of attractive, nice-smelling, non-tattooed 20-something women who were there. It might have even been 1/3 women in the audience. A very pleasant experience.
Nice.
How big we talking here?
Funny-Girl-With-Big-Eyes.jpg

I was shocked by the number of attractive, nice-smelling, non-tattooed 20-something women who were there.
Careful, Jer, soon they’ll be saying that you’ve been objectifying women...

I don't have a problem with "attractive, nice-smelling, attractively-tattooed 20-something women" tbh.
Well, I wouldn’t either, if the tattoos were actually attractive.

I mean, I get it, you love your kid. But you don’t need to fry their name into the side of your neck. And that sleeve of poorly drawn, poorly colored whatever doesn’t make you more interesting. And the string of kanji down your back that’s written incorrectly enough to make Asians laugh at you doesn’t do you any favors. And that misspelled, off-center bible quote at the top of your chest doesn’t reflect well on you. And no one cares about the words you can spell across your knuckles. And that multi-line inspirational passage you had carved across the side of your torso is not a fun surprise when you take your shirt off. And that tribal band on your biceps is so 2001. And don’t even get me started on your stupid tribal discs and face piercings...

The only reason I'm dead-set against personally getting tattoos is because of NEEDLES.

What’s the etiquette for looking at a stranger’s tattoos?
Where is the line between curiousity about a public statement they are making, interest in art, and invading someone’s intimate space?

What’s the etiquette for looking at a stranger’s tattoos?
Where is the line between curiousity about a public statement they are making, interest in art, and invading someone’s intimate space?
If you show something in public, you’re putting it on display for others to view, no matter what it is.

Like a big belly? A scar? Your clothed derrière?
Yep. There are issues of social nicety, of course, that have something to do with personal choices vs. things that were outside your control, but yeah. You show it in public, people can look, whatever it is. Hell, in most places if you show it in public, people can video record it.

I was asking about “social niceties,” not whether it was allowed.
If you’re beside a dude with a fascinating sleeve in the grocery store can you ask him to take a closer look? If you try to read the saying on a woman’s arm at the till is she going to think you’re a creep?

Back