SOLOWORKS: A Chemical Website

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
bru5.png
SOLOWORKS
A Chemical Website
So I've been busy working on a Bruce Dickinson fansite focusing on his solo career. This site is now complete in its purest form, but as time goes on I hope to branch out with it. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome, and if anyone's actually interested in being a part of the site staff, you can PM me.

Don't have much else to say right now, so either dig into me for making this or enjoy the site.

What is the point of this? Do your website in 20 minutes exercise or yet another review site? If you have additional data on some of the albums you can edit the Wikipedia pages because it will be the first place where someone is looking.

Where's the website's forum?
Nonexistent.

What is the point of this? Do your website in 20 minutes exercise or yet another review site? If you have additional data on some of the albums you can edit the Wikipedia pages because it will be the first place where someone is looking.
The website is only in Stage 1 right now; as time goes on I’m going to work on song analyses for a start and add in some more details. I figured that I can hardly find good explanations for Bruce’s work on the web so I may as well do it myself. :p

Book of Hours is pretty much complete as it has facts and exclusive interviews you could only copy/paste or source from, if you get the permission.

Any time you have on your hands should be, IMHO, directed to digging out the facts and not providing subjective analysis of the songs people mostly don't care about. If they do, they're going to enter the song name + meaning in the google and then get directed to songlyrics or songmeanings or any other site that's high on SEO.

Also the design is atrocious, that's not on you more on the website builder or whatever you're using, but that huge stretched low-res picture and clicks/scrolls needed just to get to three paragraphs of text are annoying. 90% layout/decor 10% content.

Which is why Soloworks isn’t going to just be running around in Book of Hours’ shadow. Where that one is about examining the details of his solo career, this one, while including some of that, has an emphasis on exploring the music itself. I get the reservations some may have, but I also need to do this for my own peace of mind... and cuz I want too lol.

Awesome job, the site looks great! Congratulations. :)

Looking forward to how you will update it to became more awesome and big - Bruce's solo career/albums totally deserves that.

This doesn't have much value for others. You can only provide conjecture.

Ok then go for it :)
Yeah, thanks. Whether the site will catch on or not is obviously up in the air, but maybe there are people out there that think like me, and at least I’ll have given it my best shot.

If you'll need some help with marketing & ux & seo stuff in future - hit me with a message, I don't always have time but for fellow maiden fans consulting is free 8)

Either way - nice page, I hope for the best :)

If you'll need some help with marketing & ux & seo stuff in future - hit me with a message, I don't always have time but for fellow maiden fans consulting is free 8)

Either way - nice page, I hope for the best :)
Hopefully I don't end up being one of those people that pings you every other minute. :p I'm considering purchasing a domain name depending on how far this site comes along, so there is that. Thanks for the offer!

Oh man, I've been looking for that for ages. Thanks so much for the link! Let's see if it's really worth a nod in The Chemical Wedding's liner notes... :p

Oh man, I've been looking for that for ages. Thanks so much for the link! Let's see if it's really worth a nod in The Chemical Wedding's liner notes... :p
It looks like more of those links are broken than I thought, but pieces of it are still there. Looks like the Wayback Machine doesn’t store everything... :(

It stored enough; I’ve already got some little ideas I gleaned from scrolling through it.

If you like sweet mid-90s high-contrast Web 1.0 action, you can always check out the archive of my 20+ year old Bruce & Adrian site that went kaput in 1999 or so. Half the image links are broken, but my album comments and lyrics are still there, as are the old newsletters.

Early 20s Jer is both very different and very much the same as modern Jer...

Your website brings back a lot of nice memories from those days. :)

Outstanding descriptions of Bruce. I liked it a lot. I would love to be a part of the side, and one of the first things I would do is increase traffic so we could get more visitors and create some income for all the creators. I learned from my mistakes back in the day when I started my own website, and I ignored traffic that could make my side stand out and create more impact. This is why I think this website should benefit from the unique visitors that https://www.traffsio.com can provide. They have some great packages which you can take advantage of.

Last edited:
Back