BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Ellefson vs. Entwistle - Ellefson is good but had few standout moments in his career... Entwistle is one of the best rock bass players ever.

Collins vs. Lemmy - I really dislike the style of music Collins plays... so I voted for Lemmy... who seems to be losing WTF?!

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 52:
David Ellefson
Lemmy

Promoted after Round 52:
John Entwistle
Bootsy Collins

Jack Bruce (solo, CREAM) vs. Martin Turner (WISHBONE ASH)
vs.

Les Claypool (BLIND ILLUSION, PRIMUS) vs. Sean Malone (CYNIC, GORDIAN KNOT)
vs.

Hard to argue against that funky Primus bass, but I really love the stuff on Focus so I’ll vote for Malone.

Other pairing was a little tougher but I think that Bruce squeaks by a bit for me.

Bruce vs. Turner - I liked Wishbone Ash's song more, but Cream had better and more noticeable bass.

Claypool vs. Malone - Blind Illusion and the bass in it was nothing special, easy vote for Malone.

Yup, pretty egregious to have "nothing special" as the rationale for putting down Les Claypool, one of the most eccentric and unique bassists ever with his work in Primus.

what about Forbidden City mate? Hell of a song. You should know those intro arpeggios....

Claypool is winning anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Plus I try to mix in different bands if players have more than one.

Claypool is winning anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Plus I try to mix in different bands if players have more than one.
And Blind Illusion was the band you picked for Claypool? A band he was in for five minutes in terms of his career. A band that's a footnote in Claypool's discography. Right you are...

Back