Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

No. There was a time when Lady GaGa was photographed with a Maiden shirt on and there was talk for two months on here about how nobody liked her.
Oddly enough, I like Lady Gaga, but the brief celebrity fad for Maiden shirts put me right of Maiden shirts for quite some time.

Thing is, Gaga really is a fan. She even has pictures with Bruce and Nicko.
Yes, I'm led to believe Gaga does have a fondness for rock/metal, but was persuaded that dance influenced pop rather than a pop rock blend would be more original for her own music. It was when the the likes of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan were wearing Maiden shirts, leather jackets and ripped jeans (and then next minute going back to designer label stuff) that it looked horribly contrived.

Yes, I'm led to believe Gaga does have a fondness for rock/metal, but was persuaded that dance influenced pop rather than a pop rock blend would be more original for her own music.
IMO, you can still hear some rock/metal influences in some of her songs. "Bad Romance", for example, wouldn't feel at all wrong with a metal arrangement, and "Speechless" is arguably comparable to something Queen would do, style-wise.

I'm getting flashbacks to the false croup attacks I used to have as a child. Heavy to breathe and it makes a bad noise. Not looking good for flying on Sunday unless I wake up to a big improvement tomorrow :(

Only if it's...
  • Posts about Maiden being a Niche band
  • The setlist changing in 2019
  • 'Fugitive' Vs. 'Starblind'
  • Adrian playing the first solo on 'Prodigal Son'

Back