Bruce's Best Sung Lines

mmmmmm let's see...

The Number Of The Beast:
  • Children Of The Damned's chorus... amazing
  • The crescendo of TNOTB (scream included) is something.
  • Run To The Hills chorus
  • The quiet part of HBTN is pure class

Piece Of Mind:
  • Where Eagles Dare is hard as hell to sing
  • Revelations is amazing but the English Hymnal part is out of this world
  • Still Life's chorus is pure genius
  • The first vocal part of To Tame A Land is atonishing

Powerslave:
  • Aces High's chorus is my favorite Bruce singing line ever (tied with 2 others)
  • Powerslave is not that hard to sing but is strong as hell and gives a gigantic memento to the song
  • Speaking of rythm, strength and memento... ROTAM's vocal line is like an anchor (no pun intended). And the there's that jaw dropping crescendo.

Somewhere In Time:
  • Well... CSIT vocal line is difficult to perform as it gets and Bruce's sounds utterly wicked. My favorite part is both the "just let yourself go" and the breath taking chorus.
  • Wasted Year's chorus... do I need to explain? (rethorical question)
  • "it's madness, the sun won't shine" bridge from Sea Of Madness is Bruce at the top of his game.
  • Heaven Can Wait voice parts are all amazing but the "take my hand..." bridge is ridiculously perfect.
  • From a technical stand point LOTLDR is absurd. The number of techniques and nuances on this thing requires a top vocalist at god mode to nail it. #1 along with Aces High.

Seventh Son:
  • Bruce sounds as wicked as Lucifer himself on Moonchild. Enough said.
  • Infinite Dreams has it all. If you appreciate singing this is defenitly one of Bruce's high moments
  • The Evil That Men Do's low verses and that chorus... wow.
  • SSOASS: speaking of strength and memento on the verses this track has tons of it... plus the lung killing "oh oh" part.
  • The Prophecy's voice is simply perfect. Verses are amazing, the 2 voices on the pre are wicked as it gets and that chorus leaves me without words. Tied with Aces High and LOTLDR at #1

No Prayer For The Dying:
  • The "pick up your foolish pride..." part from BYDTTS is absolutely brutal! Chorus and quiet bridge with the choir are also really good

Fear Of The Dark:
  • Unlike the majority of the album, Bruce's rough and aggressive vocals sound wonderful in BQOBD

Brave New World:
  • Brave New World's intro and crescendo vocal delivery is 10 out of 10... then the chorus is a major letdown
  • Dream Of Mirrors' chorus is top notch
  • TTLBLAH is utter class... but the chorus (I will hope my soul will fly...) is beyond perfection

Dance Of Death:
  • The "I'm gonna break away" bridge from Wildest Dreams is absolutely gorgeous
  • In Montsegur Bruce's voice morphs between that demonic emphasys and the tenor state of the art pre chorus with unparalleled skill and intensity.
  • Paschendale's last chorus is utterly marvelous
  • Face In The Sand's vocals are top notch but that chorus is just on another level!

A Matter Of Life And Death:
  • The feeling Bruce puts on the verses of These Colors Don't Run is absolutely on point. And then there's THAT chorus.
  • Brighter Than A 1000 Suns is a great example on how Bruce's voice can change its intensity to strain different emotions. That combined with the great tenor parts makes this song a must listen
  • Out Of The Shadows' chorus is simply beautifull and takes a diaphragm and pair of lungs only a singer like Bruce possesses
  • Benjamin Breeg's voice isn't that impressive on a technical perspective. But there's something on Bruce's performance here that makes it sound even more powerful and all over the place than usual.
  • For The Greater Good Of God gives me the same feeling I get from Benjamin Breeg, although with more variation of techniques and a bit more attack

The Final Frontier:
  • Although the song's a bit cliche, a 52 year old Bruce singing something like El Dorado's chorus with that power is outstanding
  • WTWWB's intro and vocal delivery of its melody when the song kicks in with full power is perhaps the strongest emotionaly moving performance of Bruce in Maiden

The Book Of Souls:
  • If Eternity Should Fail... The man is almost 60 and still nails this monster of a vocal line. Ouch!
  • TRATB's "chorus" is absolutely superb and its vocal line (although a bit strained by age) is no exception
  • The title track's chorus is among Maiden's best ever... and that is mostly because of Bruce's monster performance.

ok... I think that's all.

Last edited:
Dance Of Death:
If Eternity Should Fail... The man is almost 60 and still nails this monster of a vocal line. Ouch!
TRATB's "chorus" is absolutely superb and its vocal line (although a bit strained by age) is no exception
The title track's chorus is among Maiden's best ever... and that is mostly because of Bruce's monster performance.
Typo? :p

Adding "Songs that were originaly sang by Paul and Blaze performed by Bruce":

Iron Maiden:
Prowler: It's Paul's song and he sings it perfectly but I do prefer Bruce on this one.
Sanctuary: Live After Death's version is simply top notch! IMO even better than the original (that also happens to be nothing short of perfect).
Remember Tomorrow: Although Bruce sings this track in a superb fashion, I really prefer Paul's voice on this one.
Running Free: Bruce does a nice work here but this song just asks for Paul's in your face approach.
Phantom Of The Opera: One of Maiden's all time anthems and both make this masterpiece sound even more masterful but I prefer Paul by a thread.
Charlotte The Harlot: Bruce's version is great but once again this song is perfect for Paul's punky style.
Iron Maiden: Same as above.

Killers:
Wrathchild: Bruce always delivers the goods on this one but Paul is the real deal when it comes to Wrathchild
Murders In The Rue Morgue: One of my all time favorites and both versions are perfect! It's a tie as far as I'm concerned.
Another Life: Another tie.
Killers: Oh God... another all time favorite. I can't pick one over the other... both are creepy as hell. Perhaps Maiden England's version is my favorite... I don't know... I'll have to give it a tie.
Purgatory: Paul by an inch. Great song and once again both singers really nail it.
Twhilight Zone: I'll have to go with Paul rasp voice on this one.
Drifter: Same as above.

The X Factor:
Sign Of The Cross: Blaze sings this one nicely but Bruce adds waaaay more intensity to it.
Lord Of The Flies: Perhaps the Blaze era song that benefits more with Bruce's voice. The octaves up give this track a much more dynamic feel to it. Bruce all the way!
Man On The Edge: While Blaze's voice loses strength in the chorus, Bruce turns it into the strongest part of th song as it should be. Then there's that scale at the Coda. Bruce also kills here.

Virtual XI:
Futureal: Bruce seems a bit lazy singing this song. Blaze owns this one.
The Clansman: Blaze does a good work here but the chorus and interlude on gain a whole intensity and variety when sang by Bruce (and so does the second part of the intro).

PS : Although Bruce sings the vast majority of his tunes better than Blaze I prefer Afraid To Shoot Strangers live sang by Blaze... unlike the studio version Bruce just whispers the chorus live while Blaze sings it with full intensity. Also think that Blood Brothers sounds equally great with both singers.

Lord Of The Flies: Perhaps the Blaze era song that benefits more with Bruce's voice. The octaves up give this track a much more dynamic feel to it. Bruce all the way!
Bruce absolutely massacred this song on Death On The Road. Blaze couldn't quite knock it out of the park live, but in studio it was fantastic. Bruce sounds like he's about to fall asleep on the verses and while he does a good performance on the chorus, he fucked up the lyrics. The one live performance that pisses me off far more than it should, but goddammit!!! :mad:

Bruce absolutely massacred this song on Death On The Road. Blaze couldn't quite knock it out of the park live, but in studio it was fantastic. Bruce sounds like he's about to fall asleep on the verses and while he does a good performance on the chorus, he fucked up the lyrics. The one live performance that pisses me off far more than it should, but goddammit!!! :mad:
I love that version with Bruce and personally prefer it, but goddamn Blaze is a powerhouse on the first verse in the studio.

I love that version with Bruce and personally prefer it, but goddamn Blaze is a powerhouse on the first verse in the studio.

:funnypost:

Blaze is a powerhouse on the first verse in the studio
Yup... it's a deep voice range where his voice lays quite confortably and with power. But then it all becomes too monochordic and the song asks for dynamics particularly at the refrain.

PS: Not that the original version is bad or something. I really enjoy it a lot (as the rest of the album... #7 at my rank). But Bruce's live version is on another level.

Agreed, 100%.

Back