the sun don't shine on the sea of madness
there ain't no wind to fill your sails, it's madness
when all you see, can only bring you sadness

I'll take your life in my hands
Your fate your fortune's in my visions
Heed what I say and you'll see
What will be
Please listen to me

I've posted my favourites already on page 1 of this thread, but...

I've gotta say, this part in When The Wild Wind Blows is also amazing and showcases Bruce with something different than his usual vocal highlights.

"Can't believe all the lying, all the screams are denying that the moments of truth have begun
Can't you see it on the TV? Don't believe them in the least bit, now the days of our ending have begun..."
I get how some would like this, but honestly WTWWB and TMWWBK are two of Bruce's worst vocal moments, IMO. So glad he ironed himself out for TBOS.

Mkay, the single best Bruce performance is obviously

"And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day"

"If you thought Britney fucking Spears was fucking cool, take a fucking look at us you motherfuckers you lame fucks! Cos this is fucking metal, an' it ain't fucking cool, and we're gonna tear your fucking heads off".

Passion, woven with poetic genius.

"If you thought Britney fucking Spears was fucking cool, take a fucking look at us you motherfuckers you lame fucks! Cos this is fucking metal, an' it ain't fucking cool, and we're gonna tear your fucking heads off".

Passion, woven with poetic genius.
I'm glad Bruce's PMS stopped.

Bruce's return to Maiden did seem to trigger a second puberty of sorts, the BNW and GMETID have some eyebrow raising rants on them.

Maybe it was the haircut

Westward the tide, westward we sail on
Westward the tide, sail by the talisman
Westward the tide, westward we sail on
Westward the tide, sail by the talisman

:edmetal:

(03:37)
The raw power in these lines, how he go beyond the studio version (boots on he glides up to a E5 which is a D5 normally, it just sounds magical), and just so much passion.

Another example of immense power in Bruce voice (00:41) .
Most singers singing this high (above C5) are forced to really start mixing, giving us the power metal way of singing (which can sound fantastic if done right). Bruce though fearlessly hits those notes with so much chesty quality that shouldn't be possible in that range and it sounds immense.

Brave New World

You may argue that this album have better specific moments (Thin Line comes to mind), but the overall performance on this track is stellar. The vocals here are not flashy, you never get a sense that he's trying to hit impressive notes, its just an extremely solid performance, passion, beautiful vibrato, conviction, how he conveys the lyrics, etc.

Man Of Sorrows

Same of Brave New World, every world drips with emotion. Technically excellent as well in effortlessly umping between closing and open vocalfolds, breathy and thick sounding (tears he will not... CRY! for example). (00:36)

Run To The Hills

There is a reason why this song is being used in vocal technique classes (I've had three different teachers wanting me to sing this song). Sing this as bruce does (not just hitting the notes, have his delivery while you do) and come back to me ;)

From ''The Longest Day'', his voice is so powerful in this chorus.

''Sliding we go
Only fear on our side
To the edge of the wire
And we rush with the tide
Oh, the water is red
With the blood of the dead
But I'm still alive
Pray to God I survive
''.....

Last edited:
"And all the lighthouses, their beams converge to guide me home " ("Chemical Wedding")
"Where are the angels and their wings of freedom/ Jesus had his day off when they pulled you through" ("Accident of Birth")
"There's a secret that we all share/ in the darkest hours of the night" ("Hell No")

Last edited:
Back