Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTGGOG is what makes the whole religion theme. It (& not the Revelations) is where the church stage shines.

I am quite sure that this setlist will not change, maybe except for TETMD.

TETMD switched out in 2019 for Infinite Dreams, one SSoaSS classic for another. And the fans go wild!

... I don't think "Infinite Dreams" would fit the Hell theme. Or fit at all. I love the song, but I wouldn't like it at all in this set.

I fully agree. FTGGOG is a song that takes very different reactions. Reactions, on the one hand, from the mainstream listener who wants to see more of the likes of FOTD HBTN 2MTM or Wratchild, and on the other, the listener who follows the albums carefully, judges the quality of songs in a long span of time regardless of how popular they are at a certain point, and enjoys those rarities when they appear in the concerts.

Yes, FTGGOG is clearly a fault-line, and I am sure the band is aware of that. They put it for the people of this forum, among others where the ones like us come together.
I would take FTGGOG out as it is not of the same standard as the other songs in the set imo. It has nothing to do with being 'mainstream'.

I would take FTGGOG out as it is not of the same standard as the other songs in the set imo. It has nothing to do with being 'mainstream'.
I respect your opinion: not all those who see beyond the mainstream think that FTGGOG is a great song.

But I guess we can also agree that FTGGOG has passed the treshold for a considerable group of them. It passed the test of time IMO: 12 years after AMOLAD, and it is here with us. We would talk about it even though it was not in the setlist.

Last edited:
FTGGOG is amazing song, one of my favorites. But to be honest - fact that we talk about this song so much in context of being dropped means something. I must say - as much as I love this setlist after listening / watching couple of shows FTGGOG is only weak point, this song in some way kills momentum. At least for me.

Is SOTC undisputed only because Bruce does not ask for crowdsinging during that one? I don't think the crowd reaction is very different between the two.

Wrathchild makes more noise than SOTC, if it solves all our problems. :)

I think at least 50% of the posts that I have seen here are about Wrathchild/Alexander.

It would be a shame if such cherished tradition would perish.

If they drop Sign of the Cross for Wrathchild when they tour America next year, I will cry.

#CriedWhenBrucieDidn’tLikePlayingSignOfTheCrossSoTheyDroppedItForWrathchildSoBrucieDidn’tLeaveTheBand

Guys, the Wrathchild meme is getting old... :p
You're right, let's get on board with the air drumming Blaze meme instead:
QKfD_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back