Bruce's Solo Discography Ranked - The Complete List

I think the lowest score I gave to an album track here was 5/10, and that was only once ("Son of a Gun")
You gave it to the wrong one! :p

The three worst album tracks are undoubtedly "Lickin' The Gun", "Zulu Lulu", and "Fire", and the last one is the worst of all.

Wat?
BTP was on EMI. They spent a fortune on Tears of the Dragon and Shoot all the clowns, promo was also astronomical, so all things considered, BTP was a big flop for them. For EMI.

Balls to Picasso was not released on EMI everywhere. ;)

Anyway, I was merely mentioning what Bruce said about being dropped when talking about the promo videos on his Anthology DVD, which I happened to watch earlier this week. :)

Mercury records asked him to produce an extra song along the lines of the material off Aerosmith's Rocks (he came up with Shoot All the Clowns with Roy Z) before they would sign him for a North American release, only to drop him, together with 1/3 of their artists, soon after that.

Last edited:
Well, I can't say I'm shocked, but I am disappointed. This album is clearly better than Balls To Picasso and Tyranny Of Souls, IMO. At least it beat out the obvious bottom choice, Tattooed Millionaire...

To me Skunkworks is marginally better than Balls to Picasso. I rate both albums higher than Tyranny of Souls and Tattooed Millionaire too.

Wow it didn't cross my mind when proper No Way Out got ditched the stupid synth version remained in the game. C'mon guys.

54: No Way Out... To Be Continued
Average Score: 7.05/10
Bonus Tracks 22/31

Also, it's interesting that people prefer the second song to the first.

If I remember correctly, I scored higher this one than the second song, as I think it is definitely better. :)

Back then Roy Z was a complete unknown. He only started to make a name as a record producer with Accident of Birth. ;)

Didn't Roy produce No Way Out and Breeding House? So they knew that "his" sound would be better for album material before album went out...

Don’t have a favorite Bruce song but the contenders would probably be Chemical Wedding, Book of Thel, Darkside of Aquarius, and Omega.

Tears of the Dragon is my favourite Bruce song, followed by Chemical Wedding and Omega. :edmetal:

Didn't Roy produce No Way Out and Breeding House? So they knew that "his" sound would be better for album material before album went out...

Nope, those songs were from the sessions produced by Chris Tsangarides, recorded whilst he was still in Maiden.

Ah ok. But still, the sound on the B sides is better than on A sides. go figure

I just wanted to say that I listened to the Balls To Picasso bonus disc last night and was really blown away. I completely underestimated these songs, and from beginning to end really enjoyed each one. Some still aren't his best material, but they're all fun listens at least, and the alternate version of "Tears of a Dragon" is incredible. The whole thing stands up well as an album unto itself, might even be better than the actual BTP! Very enjoyable listen - long, but worth it.

49: Acoustic Song
Average Score: 7.26/10
Bonus Tracks 24/31

Funnily enough, there is an electric guitar solo in this song, so the title isn't 100% accurate. "Arc of Space" is the only true acoustic song in Bruce's discography. But that's a minor thing. Most people really like or enjoy this song. I think it's nice. Not the greatest ever, but nice.

Choice comments:

I love Acoustic Song
I wish I could have put 11 for Acoustic song

Votes:
10 - 2
9 - 4
8 - 2
7 - 4
6 - 3
5 - 4
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
49 - Acoustic Song
50 - Welcome To The Pit
51 - No Way Out... Continued
52 - Gods of War
53 - Faith
54 - No Way Out... To Be Continued
55 - Sacred Cowboys
56 - 1000 Points of Light

57 - Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
58 - Hell No
59 - All The Young Dudes
60 - Inside The Machine
61 - Real World
62 - Winds of Change

63 - Meltdown
64 - Gypsy Road
65 - Fire Child
66 - Shoot All The Clowns
67 - Octavia
68 - Dreamstate

69 - Hell On Wheels
70 - Fire
71 - Believil
72 - I Will Not Accept The Truth
73 - Mars Within
74 - Armchair Hero
75 - Toltec 7 Arrival
76 - God's Not Coming Back
77 - Darkness Be My Friend
78 - Confeos

79 - Headswitch
80 - Dive! Dive! Dive!
81 - Rescue Day
82 - No Lies
83 - Re-Entry
84 - Midnight Jam
85 - Over And Out
86 - Dracula
87 - Cadillac Gas Mask
88 - Tibet
89 - Elvis Has Left The Building
90 - Americans Are Behind

91 - Lickin' the Gun
92 - R 101
93 - Ballad of Mutt

94 - Zulu Lulu
95 - The Post Alternative Seattle Fall Out
96 - I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer

Albums:

Tattooed Millionaire 7/10
Balls To Picasso 6/10
Skunkworks 7/13
Accident of Birth 2/12
Tyranny of Souls 2/10
Bonus Tracks 24/31

I regret giving "Acoustic Song" a 6. It has grown on me so much, that if I was to vote for it now, I'd give it at least a 9.

48: Devil on a Hog
Average Score: 7.38/10
Tyranny of Souls 3/10

I think we're past due for another song from Tyranny Of Souls. Maybe "Devil On A Hog"?
I'm pleased to not disappoint you too much.

"Devil on a Hog" has been noted both for its Sabbath-y riff and its standard hard rock track sound. Many consider it the weak point of TOS - though obviously not everyone here does because "Believil" left us a long time ago. I think it's a pretty cool song myself, but I don't think its placing here is too inaccurate.

Choice comments:

A sort of AC/DC mixed with todays metal. It is hard to hear the drumming during
the verse so it sounds pretty quite this one. This is almost like an Rock n roll song
but without that fancy "car,party,beer,girls" part. It is comparable to Tatooed
millionaire, the chorus are happy and "proud" sounding.
The musical part are great, takes your mind off the lyrics (hrm..) i think i heard
something about One night stand, but ill just ignore that. Theres not much to say
about this song. My absolute favorite part - The fast HELL YEAH guitar solo
that sounds like Slash from Guns n Roses is just perfect for this song. The rest
is pretty much like the rest of the song.
Well done!.
'Devil on a Hug' belongs to the weakest songs Bruce and Roy Z have ever written
Kind of a more hard rock oriented song with Black Sabbath influences, this is a pretty cool beast with a great chorus.
The riffs make this song for me. The opening in particular is very memorable, and I love it.
questionable stuff
Devil on a Hog is about as good as a standard verse/chorus hard rock song gets

Votes:
10 - 2
9 - 5
8 - 4
7 - 4
6 - 2
5 - 3
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 0