What type of Blaze-era Iron Maiden fan were you?

What type of Blaze-era Iron Maiden fan were you?

• Total voters
Have to say never have even listened to the Blaze era or much of Di'anno era either. Although I do have intentions of looking into both eras when I have the time to properly give the albums listens

Well, I think Iron Maiden still ranks among the best debut albums ever (no band should sound that good as far as first-timers go). The X Factor is a brilliant, underrated hidden gem in Maiden's discography. Killers and Virtual XI may sound weird at first listen, but they're very good records as well. You should definitely give them all a listen some time!

Have to say never have even listened to the Blaze era or much of Di'anno era either. Although I do have intentions of looking into both eras when I have the time to properly give the albums listens
I'm glad you at least want to give them a listen! There's a good chance that you won't like them compared to Bruce's stuff with Maiden, but there's also a chance that you'll love them. Maybe from first listen, or, like me and so many others, they'll grow on you until they become some of your favorite albums ever.

You don't miss this, do you? ;)

QKfD_o.gif
Bahahahahahaha

Ok, I voted 'Discovered later, disliked Blaze era'.

I hope my attitude doesn't disappoint anyone anymore. I certainly don't want to be the focus of anyone's condescension.
But did you actually give them a listen? Otherwise the vote is for naught....

I don't own either album.

I've heard enough to know I'm not going to waste my time trying to enjoy that Maiden era.

If that makes me narrow minded, so be it.

I have heard from a lot of people that jumping from a bridge (without the rope) is a healthy hobby. Maybe there is some truth to it.

I drifted away during this era & moved into the rave scene. When I came back (thanks to Brave New World) I bought the Blaze albums but I have to admit, they have never touched me in the same way

Maybe there is some truth to it.

Small bridge, water deep enough, regular jump, healthy physical activity? :)
Bet you there are more of those in the world than suicide height ones.

Jumping off a viaduct may give you a severe health overload, though.

Someone actually took the time to extend it...LOL
Iron Maiden - The Angel and the Gambler (Extended Version)
Thought 9 minutes of chorus repeats weren't enough? How about 24 minutes!
This has been floating around for some time and I’ve actually sent it to my friends to help them enjoy the original song more.

I like the extended version a lot... only issue is that the editing isn’t always great in spots. :p

Nothing can improve the original, IMO. It's good as it is. People say that the video edit is better and all, but that makes no sense to me. It keeps most of the repetition while removing most of the verses and an entire solo. I don't see how it can be any more of an improvement than this extended version.

Back