What's your favourite post reunion album and why? #2

What's your favourite post reunion album and why?

• Brave New World

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Dance of Death

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • A Matter of Life and Death

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Book of Souls

Votes: 25 21.4%

• Total voters
I am surprised to see that AMOLAD is getting so much praise here. I wasn't aware that it was so popular.

For me, BNW and BOS are amazing, and on par with their 80's albums.

As for TFF, I am sad to see that it is neglected here, as it is everywhere else. I think it is a really good record.

I am always on the fence with DOD and AMOLAD, they both have some amazing songs on them, but also some bad ones, so they are somewhere in between for me.

I am always on the fence with DOD and AMOLAD TFF, they both have some amazing songs on them, but also some bad ones, so they are somewhere in between for me.
Fixed that for you. :ok:

Though, I am really curious, what songs do you think are bad on AMOLAD? Because, to me, there are none.

Well I can see this is an unpopular opinion, since that album is so praised here, but since you asked here it is.

I think Lord of light, The legacy, and FTGGOG are bad, and Longest day and Out of the shadows are just ok. Also, I look at FTGGOG in the same way as I look on TAATG as in too much repetitive choruses.

*ducks into cover

Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death as far as a whole album
Dance of Death and The Book of Souls have very strong songs but not a strong whole album
The Final Frontier? Not really noteworthy

1. The Book of Souls (By far)
2. Brave New World (By far)
3. Dance of Death
4. The Final Frontier
5. A Matter of Life and Death

TBOS. Mainly because it has my 2 most favorite Maiden songs of all time, TRATB and EOTC and the rest of it is up there with the very best from Maiden's other material.

I'm amazed at how little people like final frontier. It's my favorite album of all time. I loved amolad when it came out and tff toped it easily. ALL the reunion albums have been of very high quality. But at least the last three have been a much more creative effort with bnw and dance of death being same old same stuff. With more risks comes more creativity but also some miss fires. Satellite is crap and death or glory is forgettable intro to talisman is terrible but mostly I'm loving maiden get creative and doing more with the drums and guitar and song structures. Love the longer songs the shorter ones not so much

I'm amazed at how little people like final frontier. It's my favorite album of all time. I loved amolad when it came out and tff toped it easily. ALL the reunion albums have been of very high quality. But at least the last three have been a much more creative effort with bnw and dance of death being same old same stuff. With more risks comes more creativity but also some miss fires. Satellite is crap and death or glory is forgettable intro to talisman is terrible but mostly I'm loving maiden get creative and doing more with the drums and guitar and song structures. Love the longer songs the shorter ones not so much
I disagree about Matter Of Life And Death. Take the 3 longest songs. Thousand Suns does the same thing at the beginning and end with a middle piece. Greater Good Of God repeats the same thing 3 times in a row and then the same chorus at the end. Only The Legacy does a some different things. on Brave New World, both Dream Of Mirros and Thin Line have a lot going on in them and so do Dance Of Death and Paschendale.

Back