Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be watching at 12pm EST tomorrow if they stream or at least following their facebook page updates.

cheers for the night :cheers:

This thread is proof positive that we can treat our fellow men with more respect and a shake of their hand, even if some are just not wanting peace (their whole life is death and misery).

Welp, the official forum is down. I suppose it wouldn't be a major Maiden event without that happening.

Classic Rock has a special edition Maiden tourbook retrospective in their latest issue, with small preview of the tourbook written up by the FC Mag editor!

I've transcribed some of the juiciest quotes from the above video here, because HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE! :dancinggeek::dancinggeek::dancinggeek::dancinggeek:

...the 2018 tour program is really a microcosm of the wider picture for Maiden right now. Historically the band have regularly toured a ‘history’ package after a new album run and this tour is no exception, but it is a different in one very special way; it’s all brand spanking new… let me explain.

Instead of revisiting our fabled lock-ups... to dust of huge Egyptian cats, futuristic cyborgs, modern-day tanks or a dystopian space station, we have started playing in a very exciting, unexplored sand-pit! Yes, as the name of the tour suggests we are drawing inspiration from... the award-winning mobile game and comic book series, The Legacy of the Beast.

...just over two years ago the band launched a free-to-play mobile fantasy role-playing game... it allowed fans to become Eddie and battle enemies throughout space and time, corner-stoned with Maiden words like Ancient Egypt, the pagan times of The Wickerman, the battlefields of A Matter of Life and Death and, of course, Hell.

So, without a slavish desire to follow the plot of the game, the tour was launched after our global live stream event with, of all things, an array of stained-glass windows depicting some key Eddie iterations and who knows what else (the forums lost their mind for a day or two), plus there was a horned character… was that the named Beast? Was it Eddie in yet another guise? If you saw the announcement online instead of in the pages of magazines all over Europe, you’d have also heard and seen the devastation of said windows with automatic machine-gun or cannon fire. So what the hell was that about? The program aims to put some order back into the universe, hence the unveiling after the start of the tour.

Never a band to totally kiss goodbye to tradition, the 2018 tour program will, again, have a welcome piece from manager Rod Smallwood: the greatest, latest shots of the band and show from John McMurtrie, profiles of the band members AND for the first time since back in the 2010 Final Frontier program, exclusive interviews with Steve and Bruce about the brand new show!

As you can tell from this souvenir collection, tour programs really are a ‘thing’ in our world, and we feel they are worth putting the same amount of effort into as everything else we do, I guess that’s why they’re collectable and why - in response to requests particularly via our Iron Maiden Fan Club - we started (last year) a mail order service for them so that you can preserve yours from the destructive rigors of being rolled up in your back pocket at a show… When this one is ready it’ll be very visible on 666.ironmaiden.com. Pristine version mailed to your home? No problem. You’re welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back