Judas Priest

i get Love Bites vibe here.
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I just listened to it on my Spotify Release Radar playlist. Enjoyed it a a lot!

i get Love Bites vibe here.

I like it. It's obvious that Priest mellowed down with old age, but it sounds like they finally came to terms with that fact (as opposed to the last two albums), if that makes any sense.

Mix quality is a hyuuge improvement over RoS. Sweet gritty guitars. The song title reminded me of Worth Fighting For and so did the verse, not bad.

A really good album for sure! It's nothing super original and it's what you would expect from Priest, but the songs are really enjoyable. I wouldn't want them to do too much experimenting. They already did that on Nostradamus and while I really enjoy that album, I know it didn't get the most positive feedback from a lot of their fans. If this ends up being their last album, at least they're going out with a good one that should make most fans happy.

Reactions: Gk1
Looks like the scabs have managed to get an illegal copy to download early.

Couldn’t even wait a couple of days till the official release, oh wait that might mean these scabs would have to actually....shock horror....pay to listen to it.

:facepalm:

spoiler - spoiler -spoiler (not sure how to hide the post behind a spoiler banner)

I think the album is pretty good. Strong contemporary production, amazing guitars and structures AS THEY ARE MEANT TO BE. No endless chorus repetitions, no redundant 2:30 minute acoustic intros, no excessive song parts. It looks like they did spend ACTUAL TIME in the arrangements. It shows me how little effort Maiden puts in the writing and structuring/ arrangements nowadays. Really like Firepower so far, it is so refreshing to actually listen to songs that flow effortlessly. Good job guys. Really sorry to hear about Glen's condition though.

Last edited:
I think the album is pretty good. Strong contemporary production, amazing guitars and structures AS THEY ARE MEANT TO BE. No endless chorus repetitions, no redundant 2:30 minute acoustic intros, no excessive song parts. It looks like they did spend ACTUAL TIME in the arrangements. It shows me how little effort Maiden puts in the writing and structuring/ arrangements nowadays.

No, it only shows that you enjoy that type of song more than what Maiden are writing nowadays. The bit about the structures being as they are meant to be should probably read instead "as I (i.e. you) like them to be", which is something completely different.

Iron Maiden are a completely different band to Judas Priest (and I am thankful for that).

No, it only shows that you enjoy that type of song more than what Maiden are writing nowadays. The bit about the structures being as they are meant to be should probably read instead "as I (i.e. you) like them to be", which is something completely different.

Iron Maiden are a completely different band to Judas Priest (and I am thankful for that).

Fair enough but I honestly thought it was obvious that I am just talking about how I feel about it. Not saying people have to agree.

Back