Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Had a really good workout session earlier today.

Why was it good? Because I was alone in the gym for most of the time, and could blast metal on the stereo from start to finish :D

Hey, all you guys that think 18 minutes is too long for a song. Is this really a better way to have released Empire of the Clouds?

Indeed, this one's too short. But I guess I wouldn't mind having, say, a 12-minute edit or so. And that's coming from me, who pretty much automatically bought an album when he saw the first song has 30 minutes and the second one 25, so make of that what you will.

Too short, leaves the story incomplete, and sounds like an attempt to make the song something it isn't. This is a Rime-like song in terms of what it tries to do. The story isn't just "suddenly, airship! It is here, it flies off, crashes, but the dream lives on".

In addition, the transitions in this edit feel unnatural - and not just because I'm used to the actual song, the way Maiden recorded it.

I have no issue with the length of EOTC as it is, but some parts drag on a bit too long and the song wouldn't be less good if it had been cut by a minute or two - provided it was done skillfully.

Don't even need to listen to that to know it's not good. Song edits require more than just highlighting a portion and deleting it. That being said, Empire is fine as is anyway.

I've just been told by the adopters of the cat I rescued that she seems to like it when they're listening to Maiden or Sabbath. But when Genesis came on the other day she got up and walked out. :D

Gabriel-Genesis or Collins-Genesis?

(Or *shudder* Wilson-Genesis? :eek: )

And Ozzy-Sabbath or Dio-Sabbath?

(Or *shudder* Hughes-Sabbath? :eek: )

Back