Concert pet peeves

I'm not a fan of all this tall people hate. <_<
It's specifically the distinterested tall guy. The one who shoves smaller people out of the way because he can, and stays in the bar until the main band comes on then barges his way through most of the crowd because he can. Then stands in front of lots of short people who actually like the band, half-heartedly nodding his head, getting less and less interested in the band and more and more annoyed by people brushing against him, because he's tall, so everyone else shorter should respect his personal space and back off.

Reading this thread I can say my major pet peeve at concerts is people rushing in just before the main band is due in and forcing/pushing their way through the crowd to the front.

It's so fucking annoying I mean the place is packed out as the main band is due on any second and there's literally no more room to move in the main standing area yet you get these arrogant and selfish twats pushing through trying to get to the front!

I've lost count the amount of arguments I've had at gigs when I'm standing about midway from the stage to the back of a venue and I've had people try and push past only for me and my mates to stand our ground and not move. People get angsty and when someone try's to say "can you move please" it's always responded to with "move where exactly!! You should have got here earlier if you wanted to be down the front now fuck off!" It pisses me off so much that me and my mates would rather get into a fight than let people push through and I have lamped a few people who've got a bit lary when I haven't moved. I know that sounds incredibly stupid and even quite childish but that's just how annoyed I get.

I've seen this guy at multiple shows (and I also know him from some forum) who always gets drunk before even the opening band takes the stage. Then he pushes his way through to the barrier right as the intro to the first band starts, no matter how many people are in front of him. It doesn't help that he's really tall and fat.

What makes me really happy is that he tried to do this schtick years ago in Croatia (I think it might have been a Maiden show actually, but I don't remember the story too well)... As far as I know he also did some stereotypical Serbian nationalistic stuff so he got knocked out and broke his nose :p

I also don't like it when people take off their shirts during a show and then push you around all sweaty and dirty... I've also seen some guy strip down butt naked during a show <_<

I think most singers announce the wrong songs. For example, they will announce a song where the name of the song is sang many times throughout the song. Even for a new fan seeing the band live for the first time who is unfamiliar with the material, they can probably guess the name of the song. But then the next song the band plays is a tune where the singer never says the name of the song in the song. Then the newer fan is not going to know the name of the tune. That is the kind of song that should be announced.

"Alright, this next song is called: RUNNING FREE!"
*Maiden play Running Free with a triple-elongated chorus then launch right into No Prayer for the Dying with no introduction*

I'm not a big fan of all these guys being on stage at the same time. What is it, like five of them up there with their instruments? Too many. Adrian tries to remedy this by not moving, but it's not enough. It's too cluttered.

DAMN RIGHT! They could all learn a lesson in de-cluttering from Michael Kenney.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of all these guys being on stage at the same time. What is it, like five of them up there with their instruments? Too many. Adrian tries to remedy this by not moving, but it's not enough. It's too cluttered.
That reminds me of the time when Grave Digger hired a 2nd guitarist for the 1st time in like 30 years of existence, recorded their best album with him, then proceeded to fire him during the tour because "they didn't have enough space on stage" :p

Back