Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The LC Maidenfans Meetup World Tour is officially over. This year I have spent time with the following Maidenfans:

@Black Wizard
@Shadow
@Brigantium
@Perun
@Ariana
@national acrobat
@Forostar
@Dr. Eddies Wingman
@Albie
@Black Abyss Babe
@Wästed The Great
@bearfan
@MrKnickerbocker
@Detective Beauregard
@Lampwick 43
@Natalie
@Yax

Think about how epic a community we have where we can arrange these meetups and share space in what ends up being a grand manner. We're truly lucky. Next up - we need to start thinking about 2018!

Re: lativity
Thanks. That's an interesting page, got me educated a bit about the Fermi Paradox. The whole universe is our own (for all you superstitious alien believers)!

Photons have always confused me (and that article is a little long...:)) But light not being able to escape black holes doesn't have anything to do with gravity as such, because photons have no mass, right? Isn't 'gravity' a term to be avoid in post Newton physics, in favour of space that's being bent (which appears to be gravity)?

Don't look them as packets of light, they can be if they're of appropriate frequency, but it's best to visualize them as quanta of energy.
Regarding your gravity questions, try reading this ;

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/ph...nd-bullet-follow-different-paths-intermediate

I can somewhat abstract these things in my head and I have some basic understanding of physics involved. I'm an amateur in this field, enthusiast, so it's hard to explain something I don't understand down to the bone.

The LC Maidenfans Meetup World Tour is officially over. This year I have spent time with the following Maidenfans:

@Black Wizard
@Shadow
@Brigantium
@Perun
@Ariana
@national acrobat
@Forostar
@Dr. Eddies Wingman
@Albie
@Black Abyss Babe
@Wästed The Great
@bearfan
@MrKnickerbocker
@Detective Beauregard
@Lampwick 43
@Natalie
@Yax

Think about how epic a community we have where we can arrange these meetups and share space in what ends up being a grand manner. We're truly lucky. Next up - we need to start thinking about 2018!
I'll have to try and add my name to that list at some time.

No, thank God. The rain held off until Monday morning which just encouraged me to pack up and leave. There was a stiff breeze that made it surprisingly cold at night though. I actually had a lot of trouble sleeping because I was shivering so much.

Next time I'll take an extra blanket or something. I didn't have any extra room in my rucksack anyway, but it turned out that I didn't need the wellies. ::) You're coming next year by the way: Nightwish and Gojira headlining.

Back