Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

How do you do trigonometry without a calculator? Let's say you've got the angles of a triangle and one side and need to find the other two sides. You can't work out the laws of sines and cosines off the top of your head if the values are not exact (sin0, sin30 etc.), right?

How do you do trigonometry without a calculator? Let's say you've got the angles of a triangle and one side and need to find the other two sides. You can't work out the laws of sines and cosines off the top of your head if the values are not exact (sin0, sin30 etc.), right?

Honestly, don't ask me. I intentionally tanked all maths exams in high school because I thought it wasn't worth it. And it wasn't.

I either drew stupid shapes or wrote troll answers on my Maths exams. So I don't know how people did it. All I know is, calculators were never involved.

Honestly, don't ask me. I intentionally tanked all maths exams in high school because I thought it wasn't worth it. And it wasn't.

I either drew stupid shapes or wrote troll answers on my Maths exams. So I don't know how people did it. All I know is, calculators were never involved.

So you both were taught basic arithmetics only? You can't do algebra without a calculator or a plethora of other tools like log books and other cheatsheets of precalculated values. Hell you can't even do elementary school math properly, 7th grade here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equation

How do you expect to squareroot 6.78 in your head?
Once you enter high school, the values you are given won't be rounded out. In elementary school numbers fit nicely, and you can't use calc, because you're always going to have a straightforward square roots and such, that you know from the top of your head. If you don't, you fucked up something. They don't leave this venue of self-verification open for highschoolers.

I hated maths. I wasn't likely to be amused by the boobies thing, and it was the only subject where you were left with a series of textbooks and more or less told to learn how to do it yourself. Hardly anyone completed the full series.

So you both were taught basic arithmetics only? You can't do algebra without a calculator or a plethora of other tools like log books and other cheatsheets of precalculated values. Hell you can't even do elementary school math properly, 7th grade here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equation

How do you expect to squareroot 6.78 in your head?
Once you enter high school, the values you are given won't be rounded out. In elementary school numbers fit nicely, and you can't use calc, because you're always going to have a straightforward square roots and such, that you know from the top of your head. If you don't, you fucked up something. They don't leave this venue of self-verification open for highschoolers.

I don't think they're the ones who can answer those questions, Zare.

Happy Birthday Cried!

I am going to quote what my dad said about the collage below.
A little girl with a big heart has taken a shine to my autistic son. Nine year old Alexis, whom I had never met previously, has seen Ben at the popular area playground near our home and has been curious about him - approaching him ever so cautiously for several weeks now, wanting to play with him. Ben is non-verbal and so has not reciprocated much more than an occasional glance and a smile or two. But time after time, she's been persistent - actually running to him when she spots him in this often crowded park. This evening at the playground, "Lexi" greeted him as always only this time Benny actually initiated play by getting on the adjoining swing and swinging alongside her for a long time!
I was completely stunned. This is not something he has done or would do. Ever. Thru the tears, I got my phone out and hurriedly took a few shots...I guess age really is just a number and love can be more powerful than autism. I think little Lexi has stolen my son's heart. I know she's stolen mine...
Y9shkiP.jpg

Back