My problems with Empire Of The Clouds

This is the number one example of Bruce trying to upstage Steve and Adrian at their progressive game

This is the number one example of Bruce trying to upstage Steve and Adrian at their progressive game
And he did.
Why a classical piano. Its Iron Maiden for gods sake!
Trying something new never hurts. I hear that back in '86 they added synths, and that worked, so piano was just the next step.
The morse code part is just so bad
Nah.
We could have had like 6 short songs instead
True, but on the other hand, we have one big 18 minute epic that eclipses everything else they've ever done.

I've listened to a shortened version of this song. Doesn't compare.
Adrian said Bruce spend all his time on it. He was needed elsewhere!
I can forgive him.

Empire of the Clouds is the result of Bruce losing a drunken bet and had to write a less thought trough song than Angel and the Gambler

Empire of the Clouds is the result of Bruce losing a drunken bet and had to write a less thought trough song than Angel and the Gambler
K, first off, The Angel and the Gambler is not as bad as most people say.

Second, if it's not a very well thought through song, how is it that it's eighteen minutes long, has multiple musically changes, was voted the greatest Maiden song lyrics on this site, is renowned by critics and fans alike, and has been hailed as Maiden's magnum opus?

Second, if it's not a very well thought through song, how is it that it's eighteen minutes long, has multiple musically changes, was voted the greatest Maiden song lyrics on this site, is renowned by critics and fans alike, and has been hailed as Maiden's magnum opus?
I like TAATG, but I can still joke about it!

Due to hype.

Back