Maybe the last history tour from 1990-2015

That would be a really cool setlist.Lord of the flies,clansman,Afraid to shoot,Be quick or be dead from 90s....Sign of the cross maybe and many songs from reunion to 2015

That would be a really cool setlist.Lord of the flies,clansman,Afraid to shoot,Be quick or be dead from 90s....Sign of the cross maybe and many songs from reunion to 2015

I got into Maiden in the late 80s early 90s and no prayer for the dying was the first new album release as a fan. Unlike many Maiden fans I actually like that album and fear of the dark. So would love to hear holy smoke, tailgunner, no prayer, be quick or be dead, the fugitive, hear to enternity live. Definitely under played songs which the band could have rotated in recent tours instead of falling back on wrathchild, madness and the trooper everytime they're looking for set list fillers to break up the new songs.

Got in to Maiden with the release of the Fear of the Dark album, and it is still one of my favourites to this day. Would be very happy to see a 90s tour. Probably wouldn't appeal to the majority, so not likely to happen, but I'd definitely be up for it.

90s tour or better yet, a repeat of the BNW set would be fantastic with a few FOTD and NPFTD songs thrown in...

I'd love to see a 90's/modern hits tour with some classics thrown in. Even if they only play songs they've played a lot, it would be a really cool show. Revisiting some of the Blaze material would actually be great for Bruce's current voice. He's killing it on the moodier, slower songs live and the Blaze stuff already has a lower register.

Something like:

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
5. These Colours Don't Run
6. Sign of the Cross
7. The Trooper
8. Dance of Death
9. The Clansman
10. Speed of Light
11. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
12. Coming Home
13. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
14. Fear of the Dark
15. Iron Maiden
-----
16. The Number of the Beast
17. Brave New World
18. Run to the Hills

Reassuring that there are fans that just like me think FOTD album is fantastic. It's usually in the relegation zone when maiden albums are ranked. My set list of FOTD and NPFTD tracks,

1.Be Quick
2.Holy Smoke
3. Judas My Guide
4. NPFTD
5.Childhoods End
6.Public Enima
7. Weekend Warrior
8.The Fugitive
9.Assassin
10.Wasting Love
11. ATSS
12.FOTD
13.Iron Maiden
14.Tailgunner
15. From here to Eternity
16.Bring Your Daughter

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but most of the Maiden England tour, to me, seemed so half assed. I really hope the next tour isn't a history tour of any kind rather a new album tour or a Book of Souls Tour round 3.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but most of the Maiden England tour, to me, seemed so half assed. I really hope the next tour isn't a history tour of any kind rather a new album tour or a Book of Souls Tour round 3.

Why was it half-assed? Because there was no Infinite Dreams? For me it was aweome to hear live Seventh Son, Phantom, and Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Why was it half-assed? Because there was no Infinite Dreams? For me it was aweome to hear live Seventh Son, Phantom, and Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Half assed in the sense that it felt like a lost opportunity to finally hear some rare 80s catalog gems. Throwing Afraid to Shoot Strangers in there still makes no sense to me given what they could have done there. Seventh Son was awesome and Phantom is always a pleasure, but it just felt to me like the worst of the 3 history tours. Which is saying something since Seventh Son is by far my favorite Maiden album!

Half assed in the sense that it felt like a lost opportunity to finally hear some rare 80s catalog gems. Throwing Afraid to Shoot Strangers in there still makes no sense to me given what they could have done there. Seventh Son was awesome and Phantom is always a pleasure, but it just felt to me like the worst of the 3 history tours. Which is saying something since Seventh Son is by far my favorite Maiden album!

I agree ATSS made no sense on the Maiden England set list. The only two songs not played on the previous tour was prisoner and seventh son. So in my opinion the band did approach the tour half arsed and lazy. Points ive made before are was the maiden England tour a last minute idea? If not they should have focused on powerslave and somewhere in time in the second history tour and then seventh son on the maiden England. Similarly FOTD could have been given a long overdue rest. Despite the gripes I was there singing my heart out too all the songs in the cold light of day I wish they'd drop for ever.

I'm one of those, "classics or bust" kind of guys. I think every history tour from now on should rotate tons of 80s material that hasn't been heard in years. Stuff from SIT, TNOTB, POM, Killers, Iron Maiden, etc. Maiden will not be around forever, and as much as I like their new material, and want to see some of it thrown in, I honestly only care about getting to hear the old material I grew up on. I'm only 26, and didn't have the luxury of being able to see them in the '80s like some of you ancient ones did. I'd love to hear a tour and setlist based on Somewhere On Tour (1986-87) like the following (and fuck your objections to my setlists):

"End Titles" Blade Runner (opener)
1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Revelations
4. Sea of Madness
5. The Trooper
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Infinite Dreams
8. Transylvania
9. The Evil That Men Do
10. Phantom of the Opera
11. Wasted Years
12. Run to the Hills
13. Heaven Can Wait
14. Killers
15. Iron Maiden

Encore:
1. Prowler
2. The Number of the Beast
3. Alexander the Great

ATTS didn't make sense, but it's one of my favorite songs, and I never thought I'd hear it live, so it was a great thrill for me. I agree, though, that the Somewhere Back in Time history tour was better. Still loved Maiden England, though. F*cking rocked.

Back