Iron Maiden by Request

Which song would you want to replace Blood Brothers in the 2nd leg of the BoS tour?

• 1. Alexander the Great

• 2. Mother Russia

• 3. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

• 4. Starblind

• 5. The Great Unknown

Results are only viewable after voting.
Starblind and unknown are new maiden but not always the best.should add old classics like russia and alex to the set list.
Have never liked bb so would welcome it dropped

The irony is that when Maiden did the Ed-Hunter request thing back in the day, almost all of the usual suspects returned to the set list (save for Stranger in a Strange Land)
Powerslave and Aces High weren't played for 14 years, that's longer ago than Stranger. Doing Killers again (after 11 years) was very cool as well.

Powerslave and Aces High weren't played for 14 years, that's longer ago than Stranger. Doing Killers again (after 11 years) was very cool as well.

True, but they've all been played before (I concede that Killers and Stranger were cool additions). What I was getting at is that these types of things rarely lead to the deep/rare cuts that most people hope for.

All these songs had been played before.

I know we're in 2017 right now but when Maiden started touring in 1999, Powerslave was a more rare cut than Stranger in a Strange Land. And Aces High as well. These songs were played longer ago. From a Maiden perspective at least (Bruce and Adrian did Powerslave in 1997 and 1998).

Doing Killers again (after 11 years) was very cool as well.
And Phantom of the Opera (12 years).

The early days tour had the most rare songs though. Murders in the Rue Morgue (only played with Blaze a few times at the start of the Virtual XI tour since the early 80's), Another Life, Drifter, Charlotte the Harlot etc.

The Fallen Angel and Out of the Silent Planet during the last shows of the Brave New World tour as well.

Last edited:
Went with starblind here. ATG is the choice, but it's just such a reach I figured it a waste of vote.
Mother Russia isn't one of my favorites, great unknown I would love to replace any of the BOS tunes currently in the set. But not nesseseserily BB. Thin line would be killer too.

Btw the Rush (losing it) analogy is right on and may help Alexander reach the set someday. That was pure f*****g magic.

As much as I dream of any SIT song coming to life other than the obvious 2, Thin Line would get my vote. It would be a great closing track or setup for an encore with an energetic song... Alexander would close a set list quite well too though. It would have been played back in 86-87 had Adrian remembered his lines... I was baffled when I read that... they played rime because Adrian forgot how to play ATG

I voted "Alexander the Great" above but I'd rather have two "rockier" songs ("BYDTTS", "Drifter" -the best closer- or just "22AA") instead of a long "progressive" one. The only long one I wish to see in this spot is "Infinite Dreams".

As much as I dream of any SIT song coming to life other than the obvious 2, Thin Line would get my vote. It would be a great closing track or setup for an encore with an energetic song... Alexander would close a set list quite well too though. It would have been played back in 86-87 had Adrian remembered his lines... I was baffled when I read that... they played rime because Adrian forgot how to play ATG

I've read that as well, but as other have mentioned, that seems like a ridiculous reason to avoid ATG...they could either change the part or listen back to the bloody track to re-learn it(!)

Back