9 Mind-Blowing facts about Iron Maiden. I still can't get over #7

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
1. Steve Harris played bass on all songs on every Iron Maiden album, including The Duellists.
2. There is in fact no evidence that Bruce Dickinson was naked during the recording of Somewhere in Time.
3. Derek Riggs was not specifically asked to draw a broken wheel on the cannon on the Trooper cover, but he did so anyway.
4. Contrary to common belief, Steve Harris did not play drums on Virtual XI. Nicko McBrain did.
5. All albums by Iron Maiden are classified as 'heavy metal'.
6. Eddie appears on the cover for The Final Frontier. He is seen in the centre of the picture holding a glowing key.
7. There is no tambourine on Powerslave.
8. Blaze Bayley appears on the same amount of albums as Paul Di'anno does, but dave Murray appears on more.
9. The X-Factor was the first Iron Maiden album released in 1995.

According to the info shown on my Windows Media Player, Dance of Death is 'Rock', Seventh Son is 'Alternative', while FOTD, Iron Maiden, Live After Death and Powerslave are all 'Pop'.

Yet SiT is just metal?

Wow. I really had no idea about 7 of those facts. Thanks for sharing.

Trivia question:

What songs that Maiden recorded did Steve Harris not play bass on?
The story goes that he didn't play bass on Reach Out (and perhaps also That Girl). But I don't think I have ever seen a band member or some sort of official statement about this. So I am not 100% sure if it's true. Who remembers where this info come?

The story goes that he didn't play bass on Reach Out (and perhaps also That Girl). But I don't think I have ever seen a band member or some sort of official statement about this. So I am not 100% sure if it's true. Who remembers where this info come?
Indeed. Adrian is meant to have recorded most of the guitar parts, including bass, for both those tracks. I've never seen a source either or have forgotten.

2. There is in fact no evidence that Bruce Dickinson was naked during the recording of Somewhere in Time.
Yes, but there is also no evidence that Bruce Dickinson wasn't naked during the recording of Somewhere in Time.
Remaining facts are solid.

Back