UK Politics

Yes, and I hold my breath for the consequences throughout whole Europe.

Still I do not feel that people who feel crapped on and stripped of their identity and importance should be entirely free from blame or responsibility.

There is a cause and there is a consequence. The consequence is a choice. One can choose to not become a nationalist bigot. Of course it also has to do with education, misleading propaganda, access to information etcetera, but I think you know what I mean. You can't just blame the government for everything.

The more xenophobic or racist one is (deep inside), the more extreme they will react.

Last edited:
The strategy to combat religious fanaticism shouldn't be nationalistic fanaticism, should it? UK is doing the opposite of what Europe should be doing. They're trying to fight fire with fire.

Well now that it is a fact, I hope the remaining EU members sees it in their best interest to keep most of the deals with the UK. I mean, punishing them for leaving isn't going to solve a thing. Let it be a lesson, abandon the "United States of Europe"-idea and keep the good parts instead of trying to rule the whole of Europe out of Brussels.

The strategy to combat religious fanaticism shouldn't be nationalistic fanaticism, should it? UK is doing the opposite of what Europe should be doing. They're trying to fight fire with fire.

To be fair, that's only some people. Others are taken by the idea of full sovereignty and see the vote as a political protest against Cameron'spolicies, even if the leading Leave politicians are of the same political persuasion as Cameron.

Add Norn Iron reuniting with the Republic.

It's very depressing to see Wales becoming an enclave of Little England, being skull-fucked into submission. We are better than this.

I collected a few more statements by UK citizens I wholeheartedly symphatize with:

Simon Raymonde (musician/record producer)
17 million of you. Who the fuck are you? Maybe this is the day we all wake up and realise sitting about moaning on facebook isn't gonna change fuck all and we need to get active.
I hope so. If half of the country thinks Nigel Farage is spot-on, [a complete racist idiot who within an hour of the Leave victory makes an ugly insensitive comment about not a single bullet fired and says that the money promised for the NHS in the Leave campaign posters is actually not going to happen], then our smirking at the US for Trump's rise in popularity is a fool's arrogance. Farage declares Independence Day. The movie didn't end so great did it.

Folk/Electronic Artist Laura J Martin:
I don't know what to say this morning. I'm so disappointed and angry that this ever got to this stage. Cameron's gamble to appease his own party has put our generation out on the fringe of Europe. Scotland will leave this sinking ship soon, while Boris and Govey smirk from the sidelines. Proud to be European, ashamed of what's happened.

Whoah. Looks like Corbyn has gone too. That leaves the British (or English) political scene with Blairites and Tory rightwingers.

Translation of articles by a Dutch satire website:

Ex-colonies congratulate Brits with independence
brexitje-1-670x375.jpg

‘You fought for it’

After the result of the Brexit-referendum Great Britain has received the warm congratulations from Uganda, Sierra Leone, Egypt, South Africa, Ghana, Tuvalu, the USA, Nigeria, Belize, Swaziland, Saint Kitts, Kenia, India, Zimbabwe, Malaisia, Jamaica, Cameroon, Mauritius, Fiji and a part of Somalia. The former British colonies called the UK independence a great victory.

Also the Malawians are proud of their British brother folk. “We know as no other how it is to sigh under the oppression of a European ruler. It is moving to see that the British have also struggled out of it now. They fought hard for it”, President Mutharika said.

Now that Great Britain has made itself loose from Europe, the Brits can finally restore their own culture and traditions. “Europe can't impose anything on the Brits anymore”, says the 16-year old Queensy from former British Guyan. “In the free UK they can use their own coin again and drive left without European interference.”

President Mutharika thinks that the British people still have a long way to go: “European oppression leaves deep markes. It will take a while before the European language won't be spoken in Great-Britain anymore.”

The Brits are looking forward to a new crisis, whole of themselves

Pr-Brexiters find that the UK is ready for a fresh, new crisis, independent of the rest of Europe.

Ex-major of Londen Boris Johnson is one of the advocates of a British-only crisis. He thinks that the UK doesn't need the rest of Europe to get itself into misery. "‘We are excellently capable of making a mess of it ourselves. We have proven that with e.g. Northern Ireland and James Blunt.”

Prime Minister David Cameron doesn't want to know anything of a complete British crisis. “The UK has always been one of the most important forces behind a divided Europe. We can't throw overboard this rich tradition in a nationalist urge to create our own mess.”

Last edited:
Fuck this country. Fuck the nationalist troglodytes who voted to "stick it to the man", when power is going to rest at the rich's feet. Fuck the populists who think Europe is plotting against their best interests, when already, we've sinked from the fifth largest economy to the seventh. Fuck the uninformed who voted against the status quo just because to be fashionable.

If I had the fucking money, I would actually create a political party to fight against the injustices of demagoguery. When a fucking children's film (Zootopia) is more informed than the electorate of a western country, I've lost all hope.

Travel in Stygian in-fucking-deed.

It isn't immediately. He mentioned it. I wonder if there will be a complete parliament elections (not just 150.000 party members choosing the leader of this multi million country)

@CriedWhenBrucieLeft where the hell are you? Reaction on the Brexit please.

Last edited:
Let's look on the bright side--extensive US tour!

The pound just plunged, hence the members of Maiden lost a bunch of wealth (at least the ones with assets in GBP). They will want to make up this money somehow. Touring makes lots of money. The US Dollar is much stronger than it was. The US is huge and they can hit 35+ cities with only one border crossing all the while earning more money based on the favorable exchange rate.

Let's look on the bright side--extensive US tour!

The pound just plunged, hence the members of Maiden lost a bunch of wealth (at least the ones with assets in GBP). They will want to make up this money somehow. Touring makes lots of money. The US Dollar is much stronger than it was. The US is huge and they can hit 35+ cities with only one border crossing all the while earning more money based on the favorable exchange rate.

As far as I'm aware, Maiden mostly stash their money abroad for tax reasons. I don't know if it's in GBP.

Back