IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
However, I don't follow you on it being a "reverse RTTH". This song is so good that it managed to reach out (reach ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuut) to the mainstream audience, a bit like "Smoke on the Water", to such extent that it is taken for granted by most fans. Still, make the experiment of NOT listening to it or to Maiden for a few months, and you will possibly be struck by its efficiency. ;) By the way, it is the same -I think- with "The Number of the Beast", especially when we get to hear other bands covering it. I've never found any good cover of this one, as far as I'm concerned, even by the bands that were bound to do a good job of it, at least on paper (Angra).

That's exactly what he meant, I think. RTTH is possibly underrated or overlooked by hardcore fans but played a lot; Infinite Dreams has a reputation among the fan community as being that brilliant one they never play. I'm definitely with you on Number of the Beast, that's a great, fun, 80s metal song. I'm not surprised covers of it are lacking. I can't see how it would easily translate to being done in different style, and covering a song without adding a new twist can seem like a watered down version of the original.

Are we gonna have a tie-break for this round? Would be tough to give 4 songs the axe when only 1/3rd of voters wanted them gone.

Yeah, always a tie break for the top ten I believe. Although it might be dictated on how these songs did earlier in the tournament.

Well I didn't necessarily want any of these songs to be eliminated quite yet; I didn't vote vote for any of them in this previous round of the Survivor, but of these 4, I had to go with Paschendale.

ah.jpg

"Don't worry mate, next time you'll make it to the top 5."

Back