Favourite Seven Album Streak

What are your favourite seven studio albums Maiden made in a row?

• Iron Maiden to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

• Killers to No Prayer for the Dying

• The Number of the Beast to Fear of the Dark

• Piece of Mind to The X-Factor

• Powerslave to Virtual XI

• Somewhere in Time to Brave New World

• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son to Dance of Death

• No Prayer for the Dying to A Matter of Life and Death

• Fear of the Dark to The Final Frontier

• The X-Factor to The Book of Souls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quite an interesting poll IMO... :p I'm definitely going for the last one, because it has the most of the contemporary Maiden, which is hands down my favourite period.

My second choice is either TNotB-FotD or Powerslave-VXI. 3-album streak would be much harder, I guess.

It's hard to beat the first seven. X Factor - TBOS might have higher highs for me but is far more inconsistent.

It's hard to beat the first seven. X Factor - TBOS might have higher highs for me but is far more inconsistent.

My thinking as well. If Maiden releases two more albums that maintain the same quality as the last 5, my answer to this question will change.

You feel Dance of Death has the same quality as the other recent albums?

No, nor does The Final Frontier, but they have incredibly high highs - especially DOD. I also voted for the first seven albums but there's at least one song on IM through Piece of Mind that I find to be rather bad (or downright terrible) and Killers is my least favorite Maiden album. Sometimes the good outweighs the bad.

Anything not involving NPFTD, which leaves the first option and the last two. Went with the first seven, with 3 amazing albums, 3 good albums and a meh album. Beats out 2 amazing albums, 3 good albums and 2 meh albums with the last option.

I am going for Piece of Mind to The-X Factor because:

5 of these albums (Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, SSOASS, No Prayer (the best four album string for me) & The X-Factor) are better than all other albums. Basically, these are my 5 favourite albums. The other two are no weak albums for me:
- Piece of Mind I rate higher than some albums of the current line-up, higher than Virtual XI, higher than Beast, higher than Killers, and about as strong as the debut album.
- Fear of the Dark I rate higher than Virtual XI and Dance of Death, and lately I find it at least as good as The Final Frontier (which has dropped in the last years). Sometimes I also find it at least as good as The Number of the Beast.

Last edited:
Only two options for me are TNOTB to FOTD and POM to TXF. All others have Killers or VXI in them, and those two albums are my least favorites. And between those two options, I'm going with the former since TNOTB > TXF.

Tough choice. I want to go Killers-NP, but debut has some damn stone cold classics on it. Killers is solid and NP is vastly underrated.

I gotta go with the first option as well. My top 2 albums are covered in this group, (Powerslave and 7th Son) and there are very few bad songs anywhere among the first 7 albums.

I'll give an honorable mention to the last 7. The quality of the reunion era cannot be denied; If another album comes out that's anywhere close to as good as The Book of Souls, then that just might be enough to overtake the first 7 for me.

Back