Official Star Wars Thread

My theory is that they will followup Episode 9 with a KOTOR trilogy. It seems that they intend to do 10, 11, and 12 but it wouldn't be very Star Wars like to go straight into another trilogy. They have to let some time pass and they'll do that with a KOTOR trilogy in the meantime.

Hell yes, this trailer made my day big time. I love what I'm seeing. Maybe I was underwhelmed just a tiny bit, because I was hoping to see more big scale shots (like the one with AT-ATs). But hey, it's just the first teaser... The vibe is great and pretty much what I was expecting. Some people say it doesn't feel like Star Wars... Well, the idea behind this film is to show that universe from a different perspective, so it's more than ok to get a different feel. That being said, to me the sets and costumes still fit Star Wars perfectly and the 'war film' aspect seems to be executed really well. Felicity Jones looks great in the role, Donnie Yen is gonna be a badass, I dig the new stormtrooper designs, the tropical planet is such a cool location... Ah, so much good stuff. One thing sucks, though - there were no aliens! It would be so much cooler if some rebels were different species. I hope they will be in the actual film.

Vader has to show up in the marketing campaign eventually. I bet we'll get a new trailer during Star Wars Celebration (July) and we'll see him. If not, that would be THE wasted opportunity of all wasted opportunities. They have to show him before they star selling toys in September to put him on packagings and merch in general. Marketing aside, I just can't imagine them not giving Vader a significant role in the film itself - that would be a gigantic fail...

I don't think Boba Fett is going to happen (although not a very good idea, it's still better than the young Solo one...). It has never been more than a rumour associated with Josh Trank, who left/was fired. I think the next spin-off will be Kenobi. There's a lot of buzz around it (ever since the end of prequels) and McGregor is all for it. There's nothing to wait for - it's already a 2020 release at best. Here's a very recent interview. Just look at his face when asked if he has met with Lucasfilm (1:07). He did meet with them... ;)

I can't wait to see my prequel hero on screen again. :bigsmile:

As for the Old Republic, they have to do something with it at some point. That's a given. But I think it's going to be the next animated series. Rebels is said to finish at 3 seasons and they have already incorporated bits of the Old Republic lore in there. So they are interested in this period for sure... I don't know what to think about a possibility of a live action KotOR thing. I mean... Wouldn't that be the same as the usual episodic Star Wars but in a slightly different setting? They would have to go for something ballsy to make the jump in time justified and interesting. Like a dark story about the origins of the Sith or something. Who knows. The Old Republic is virtually absent in the new canon, so they can come up with something completely different than what we are used to think of. Personally, I would be cool with it being a new animation series, but please, come up with a new style already... Something more serious would be nice.

CftAyCAXIAA3sb9.jpg

Jedi training in progress. ;)

Finished reading the novel Star Wars: Lords of the Sith about a month ago. This is one of the official Star Wars books since Disney took over. Other than there were too many pages devoted to the rebels, the time we do spend with Darths' Sidious & Vader are very enjoyable. The twisted relationship between a Sith Master & Apprentice is sick and fascinating as shown in the conversations between the two.

Those poor, poor actors and their problems.

Pretty crazy that Harrison got so much more, though. I'm sure it was his "give me all this money and then please let me be done" offer.

Pretty insane, although to be fair Harrison was the only original cast member in a leading role. The other two were more like cameos.

If Carrie Fisher had the same screen time as Harrison Ford, I'd say pay her the same. The movie can afford it. But she was on the screen for about 2 minutes total combined time.

I seem to recall plenty of older interviews where Harrison Ford states that he didn't really enjoy making any of the Star Wars films and was particularly annoyed by the third one. I can perfectly envision him sitting down with the script and going, "They can't make this movie without me! Demand all of the money!"

Back