CHEESEVIVÖR II Campaign 1: Storm Battalion, Battle 2: Twilight Messenger vs Gaia Epicus

Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

For the prologue, see this link.

For the first battle in this battalion, go here.

Campaign 1: Storm Battalion, Battle 2: Twilight Messenger vs Gaia Epicus

Twilight Messenger - Twilight Messenger (The World Below)

Do yourself a favour and give this one a fair chance: It's not as great as you think at first, but it's also not as awful as you will undoubtedly think after the intro. If anything, this one deserves a complete listen for a proper assessment. Just don't - and you will know what I'm talking about - let the first shock make you turn the video off.

Gaia Epicus - Beyond the Universe
This is a band I fear won't last long in this game, and that's a shame. They have some really awesome cheese in their discography, and several moments that truly shocked me. And this video is undoubtedly one of them. But they're just not... very good. Sadly.

Twilight Messenger's singer... :confused: :facepalm:

But! Gaia Epicus completely obliterates anything I've seen in the Cheesevivor so far. Wow...
And I thought Satellite 15 was cool.

@Perun...you don't understand...that Gaia Epicus video is the one of the best things I've ever seen. I had to pause it 1:15 in simply to post this because I'm laughing so hard, but they're definitely getting my vote.

After that ridiculously terrible CGI intro and the lame black outs, the singer takes center stage and just shouts, "STARS!" and I really, really, really wish that were the only lyric in the whole song.

EDIT: Blow-by-blow

- Ok, I'm at 2:30 now...the shameless stock footage from Aliens is glorious.
- Are we supposed to not notice that the singer/40 guitarists are also President Hansen? I mean, couldn't this guy have gotten the mail man, his mom, his dog - literally anybody - to play President Hansen?
- I think all of these backgrounds are unrendered map shots from the Aliens Vs. Predator game that came out like 10-12 years ago.

2nd EDIT:

- Holy shit R2D2...buy why?!
- 3:51 - So many WARNINGS! Why are you so calm?!

3rd EDIT:

- This "band" is a thing of beauty and I hope they win all the cheese.

Last edited:
I spent half an hour laughing after I saw this video. :D

The disclaimer at the end of the Gaia Epicus video is the funniest bit of all.

The "we might have nicked a load of other people's material for this, but hey, don't sue us" bit?

Last edited:
Gaia Epicus is the worst band that thinks they're the best, and it's just incredible.

Back